HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Help!  Vaginal wall pain Help! Vaginal wall pain

Unread 02-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

I have extreme pain in the vaginal wall that feels like a knife sticking in me. Gets much worse at the end of the day after standing and walking. My doctor said I probably just strained the scar tissue from mesh surgery 2 years ago. I also had a bladder sling done last year.

Feel so bad and have sosoo much pain, I'm sure it's not strained muscles.
Feel crazy. Anyone had this?
I also can feel a ridge like bump on the vaginal wall that causes excruciating pain if pressed on.

Margaret
Unread 02-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

oh dear. sounds like mesh erosion. if you search, you can find a lot of info here about it.
Unread 02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

Thank for your repy. I will look up mesh erosion. I feel better knowinh there are people who have been through similar experiences.

Margaret
Unread 02-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

About up to 1 year after my surgery, I continued to feel pain on my vaginal wall....everytime since my post op apmt the gyn dr would check me, it would hurt very much (as well as during intimacy). Eventually, my gyn refered me to a uro/gyn who finally identified and determined that I had a hyperesthesia scar (scar nerves did not heal after A&P repair surgery).
I was treated with antidepresants and these just about drove me crazy so I stopped taking them and after doing a major heart to heart prayer imploring for help...I can sincerely say that as of that night, my pain stopped. I haven't had any pain since then. Could have been the antidepresants (yes, sounds weird because I don't have depression but these would in a way numb the nerves making the pain go away).
But then again, I did not have any mesh material placed on my wall so your case may be completely different.
Just thought I'll post my situation in case you still haven't found a reson/solution to your pain. It took my gyn dr about 7 months before he could finally decide to refer me for another opinion so it was a very lenghthy recovery.

Blessings,
Unread 02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

I had mesh erosion and had pain in certain areas of my vagina. It happened with sex and also when I was examined by the urogyns. It was painful, not just in the small area where the mesh eroded, but also in areas where it was wrinkled.

I had as much mesh as possible removed by a urogyne who had removed mesh from other women. The mesh that gave me trouble was not a urethral sling, but for a posterior mesh repair.

I am now over a year mesh free (well almost--he couldn't remove all of it, because it would be too dangerous) and I am so happy I had it removed. Sex is good again--better than it has been in a long time! It took a very long time to heal from the mesh surgery and also the mesh removal.

I hope that you can get to the bottom of this. It took me a long time to find a doctor qualified and willing to help me.

Good luck!
Unread 02-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

Thank you all for your posts. I am having a ct scan tommrow. I do think it is the mesh as the pain is nowmoving up and back. But I now know that I am not crazy and can get the right doctor hopefully sooner rather than later. Thank you all for your help, I am sorry that you had to go through all of those things, but your exoerience has really helped me.

Margaret
Unread 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

Good luck, Margaret. Keep us posted!
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

Thanks. I will
Unread 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Help! Vaginal wall pain

margaret--

How did everything go with the CT scan last month? Did they find anything? Are you feeling any better yet? Sending you some good vibes.........and keeping our fingers crossed...

May this month be a better one....

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway