HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

The G Spot after Hysterectomy The G Spot after Hysterectomy

Unread 03-04-2009, 08:58 PM
The G Spot after Hysterectomy

The only time there could be an issue with the G-spot is if you have vaginal repairs done at the time of the hysterectomy. I had A&P repairs with my TVH, and the anterior repair incision ran right up the middle of my G-spot. I was disappointed during the early months post op to find that it wasn't functional anymore.

However... over time, the nerves reconnected and the G-spot works just the same as before, if not better, now.

-Linda
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:18 AM

pjabby....thats good to know....cant wait to try it out. lol

escrow...thank you so very much for your input. It helps so much!
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:20 AM

surferbabe...what are a&p repairs?
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrowhague
Hi Ladies!

In 2001 when I was scheduled for my hysterectomy, this is one of the first places I came to for info/advice. Naturally, as years passed, I have not visited much. For that, I apologize.

I worried a lot about the impact hysterectomy would have on my sexual performance while I waited for my surgery. Back then, however, I did not know anyone who could talk to me about such intimate issues so best advice I got from friends is "...they will give you stool softeners afterwards -TAKE THEM!" Which turned out to be great advice but it did not address my concerns about post-op sex.

Naturally, more than anything else, your outcome is determined by your own attitude and efforts and of course if you will be resuming a healthy, caring, well-adjusted sex life post op. If it was mediocre or traumatic pre-op, it will probably be the same after. Here are some of the things I have become able to do only in the years AFTER my hysterectomy: climax in different positions; have tantric orgasms and orgasms from G-spot stimulation; and other things related to a more relaxed attitude.

Hey, I just refuse to let HPV (and rotten ex-husband who gave it to me) rob me of anything else on top of my "lady bits" and my chance to have a bigger family!

The most important things I want to share with you all as you are going in to surgery is:

POST-OP STOOL SOFTENERS
Don't be stupid -TAKE THEM and keep taking them for as long as your doctor says.

KEGELS, KEGELS, KEGELS
Kegel exercising is the fastest way to recover from any abdominal surgery, childbirth, etc. If your orgasmic function is altered at all for any reason, increase your daily Kegels.

ALLOW SIX MONTHS MINIMUM
You are not expected to be your usual sexual self during the first six months because nerves that were severed during surgery are still reconnecting. Expect to make accomodations during this time and don't freak out and think that whatever is/is not working the same has been permanently changed.

Even though pain/discomfort was not the reason for my hysterectomy, I can honestly say that I enjoy sex at least twice as much now as I did pre-op. I hope this helps any of you who are have been looking for info on this aspect of hysterectomy.

Best of luck and everything else to you!
Thank you so much, you're the BEST!!! I appreciate your advice very much.
Best Wishes to you, God Bless,
Kristy
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbabe
The only time there could be an issue with the G-spot is if you have vaginal repairs done at the time of the hysterectomy. I had A&P repairs with my TVH, and the anterior repair incision ran right up the middle of my G-spot. I was disappointed during the early months post op to find that it wasn't functional anymore.

However... over time, the nerves reconnected and the G-spot works just the same as before, if not better, now.

:hug
-Linda
Thank you so much surferbabe!
All the best to you, God Bless!
Kristy
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:28 PM

YES!!!!!! I can attest that my G spot is alive and well! Even better than before!

My DH and I had our "first time" post op at the 6 week mark. For me, it wasn't PAINful but it felt more like it was bruised inside and it wasn't a great thrill. So we waited another 5 days and took it slow and it was a little better. It kept getting better and better over the days and weeks as recovery kept progressing.

So hang tight sisters! You've got lots to look forward to, including finding your G spot again!
Unread 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM

I asked the same question but not because of the Vag hyst but because I was having an anterior repair and urethral sling, both incisions were going to be on the front side of the vaginal vault. My doc assured me that my G spot would be undisturbed.

I'm glad she knows where it is because I sure don't. Ha Ha

I still have a few more weeks before I can look for it.

Unread 03-10-2009, 08:59 PM

The funny thing is my friend got the terms "cervix" and "clitoris" mixed up and she told her friends and family that I had my "clit removed"! Her DH corrected her...thankfully I still have that!
Unread 03-10-2009, 09:39 PM

Oh No!!!! Lol
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:33 PM

My sex life improved dramatically after my TAH!!! I think it had to do with the fact I was no longer in pain and bleeding like a stuck pig almost every day. I was able to relax and enjoy as a result. I have actually had more orgasms since the TAH than I've had since I first started sex....

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway