HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

have desire but unable to climax have desire but unable to climax

Unread 03-12-2009, 07:48 AM
have desire but unable to climax

It's been 3 years since my Total Hysterectomy. Surgery was a cinch as was recovery. It helps to have good core muscles, Pilates was extremely helpful before & after. I am soooo sorry that my ovaries were removed. They were HEALTHY. Went to several doctors & they all recommended to remove them, I think it's more for convenience sake, who wants to go through another operation down the road. I think our docs are scared of malpractice. If you have a choice DON"T REMOVE THE OVARIES!!! My sex life was wonderful B 4 the procedure. I was still in my honeymoon stages. I was married only 2 years. My husband is a doll & very understanding BUT it can't be fun for him. I have desire but am not able to climax. Use to have deep uterine orgasms. Always. Never a problem. Had one orgasm in 3 years!!!!since the surgery. I am not taking HRT 's. There are too many conflicting reports on their safety. I don't know if I'm being too paranoid about (HRT) or not.
Unread 03-13-2009, 08:43 PM

im in the same boat. i had a wonderful sex life after my surgery sucks i wish i didn't do it
Unread 03-15-2009, 12:49 AM

Sorry about your situation. However can I ask are you taking any medications? I seem to have lost the desire (long story 3 surgeries), however I spoke with my GP last week and she said one of my medications, an antidepressant takes away the ability to have an orgasm, but not the desire.

Please don't give up and let us know how things go.
Sammy
Unread 03-15-2009, 02:51 PM

Sorry you are having these problems. I too had my ovaries removed but I chose to take the HRT for many reasons including desire for the sexuality it provides. I too was concerned about the bad press HRT gets, after looking closely at the studies, reading lots of articles and talking to my doc, I'm happy with the decision. If my hormones need to be adjusted or I forget to stay on top of it one of my first symptoms is loss of some sexual function. I'm convinced that the HRT is critical to my sexual function. I'd be writing the same post as you without my HRT. I know there are women that don't seem to require it but I know I do.

If sexual function is important to you, talk to your doc. A good one can probably do you some good. Check out all the good info on this site too.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Pat

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.