I have been searching the web for what seems like forever to find answers to the questions I have. It seems the only way is to get advice from those who are going through it or have been though it, so here I am.
I am a little worried and not sure exactly what it is I want to know but hopefully in writing this I will figure it out and with all your help know a little more than I do now.
When I was 16- I had a few abnormal pap tests, not HPV related and it went away all on it's own. Fast forward 13 years. I had not had a pap test since the birth of my son 7 years ago, big mistake. Turns out it came back abnormal showing severe dyslaysia. I had a colposcopy done and she took 7 tissue samples. The results came back I had CIN 2 and 3 on the surface of my cervix. It is now HPV related, I am not sure which since I did not have the HPV test done. I had a LEEP done a month ago. She called about a week after I had it done saying the results were not good. It showed I have abnormal cells deeper than they thought. It showed CIN 2 and 3 on the surface and possibly 1 or 2 deeper although they will not know for sure until they do a ECC.
Over the phone when they told me I asked some questions only to be told I needed to wait and talk with the doctor. I tried waiting and after a week called again. She answered some of my questions but then again told me I would have to wait, the doctor must talk with me in person. My appointment is Thursday this week.
One of the things I am confused about it they want to wait 6 months to do the ECC as not to damage my cervix anymore before it heals. This seems like a long time to wait, although I really don't have much when it comes to paitence.
What I can't seem to find out is what are the treatment options if it is deeper? What does that mean? If it has spread deeper does that mean it is on it's way to becoming invasive cancer?
I have 2 children now, 9 and 7 they are beautiful wonderful children and I thank god for them everyday. I was widowed at 23 and thought that maybe I would marry again and possibly have more children. I still had this thought in my head when I went in to have the LEEP done. The more and more I think about it, I would rather be here for the children I do have than not because I decided to wait in case I may someday want more. My doctor has asked if I want more and I told her I would like the possibility there. I talked with a nurse at the local health department and she said my cells are bad enough they would do a hysterectomy with no questions asked. I have been doing a lot of thinking about this and have come to terms with the fact that I will have to have a hysterectomy. I also thought long and hard and I couldn't imagine myself having more children now that mine are getting older. It would be like starting over
If it is deeper how bad is that? I guess what I am trying to decide now is should I wait to have the hysterectomy or go ahead and have it done now. I have cancer in my family and would be devistated if it turns to invasive cancer. If it is deeper does that mean it is already invasive cancer? My doctor said if I had not said I still wanted the option of children open she would have done a hysterectomy. Now I am open to that but want to know more of what is going inside me.
I am sorry this is so jumpy I am confused lol I hope you can get where I am going and that someone here has some advice. I am probably going to think of more to say after I post this but here goes anyway.
Thanks to everyone who reads this and thank you for any advice you can offer