HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

What is an average size uterus? What is an average size uterus?

Unread 03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
What is an average size uterus?

I was just wondering because mine is about 7cm with fibroids! Thanks for your responses.
Unread 03-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Re: What is an average size uterus?

The average adult uterus is 3 inches long, 2 inches wide and 1 inch thick, or 7.6 cm long, 5.1 cm. wide and 2.5 cm. thick.
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:24 AM

pink rocks is correct, I'm currently waiting 6 weeks for my preop appointment to schedule my hysterectomy because my uterus is over 14cm x 8cm x 7 cm and then I have 2 large fibroids that are 6 & 7cm as well, I'm tired of the heavy periods, cramps that make it almost impossible to walk, keeps me awake all night, backache.... I didn't think that sounded so big until I made a 3 D model of the actual size for an average uterus, to my 2005 results to my 2009 results (almost doubled in size in the last 4 years).
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:43 PM

What is the average size of an ovary? Does 2 cm sound right?
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:19 PM

Ovaries are oval shaped and, in the human, measure approximately 3 cm x 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
Unread 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM

I was also wondering what the average size of a normal uterus was. I had my hysterectomy last week - my uterus weighed over 10 pounds. My first visit is tomorrow - I will see the pathology reports then, but one of my fibroids was 8.5 cm and there were 4 or 5 about 6-6.5 cms each. I feel so much better already, and am glad I finally had the surgery. Recovery is better every day, especially since I quit taking the narcotic and am taking only ibuprofen.
Unread 12-01-2009, 05:46 PM

I was under the impression that the uterus is about the size of your fist. For ps15, I was told that after my hysterectomy, I had lost about 10-12 lbs. My doctor states my uterus was about the size of a 5 month pregnancy. It is a good feeling to be on the other side of the bridge. Best of health to you.
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:12 PM

I was curious about this too since my Dr said I have an unusually large uterus about 10.9cm. I have been in so much pain. Hysterectomy by DaVinci is scheduled for Oct 28th,2010. Hoping for great results.
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:00 PM

Heading in on Monday. My uterius is 12+cm largest fibroid is 6.5 cm. They have trippled in two years. So a little nervous but all your stories are helping. Ty All
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:50 PM

Blessings taxmonkey,
Just wanted to say hello and tell u we are going to surgery the same day I am having the Hysterectomy by DaVinci annd a bladder sling. Sister want to wish you luck and let you know you are not in this alone. I am so happy I found this site I have been so emootional lately I new it was coming but had no idea it would hit like this. I know that this surgery will give me my life back because i have been in so much pain that all I know is pain.

So keep your head up and we will get through this and i will send healing energy your way on the 28

Bless Be
Lady Ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxmonkey View Post
I was curious about this too since my Dr said I have an unusually large uterus about 10.9cm. I have been in so much pain. Hysterectomy by DaVinci is scheduled for Oct 28th,2010. Hoping for great results.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.