HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 04-03-2009, 04:26 AM
Cervicitis

Hello: My pathology report indicated that I had mild acute and chronic cervicitis. Everything I have read is really pushing the STD's as a source. I've never had an STD. I did, however, have burning sensations when we used spermicides and very frequent yeast infections (before I knew to take an acidophilus with antibiotics, I had bladder infections followed by yeast infections, followed by bladder infections - why don't doctors TELL you to take an acidophilus). I have read a couple of things that indicate that allergies to certain things can cause cervicitis. Anyone know anything about this?????
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Re: Cervicitis

For those interested, I found a post by flatfroggie dated 05-11-2007, 02:43 PM that addresses this question.

THANK YOU FLATFROGGIE!!!! What flatfroggie wrote seems to be consistent with the things that I have been reading. Just wanted a little more info as my initial readings were freaking me out.
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:48 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. My pathology also said chronic cervicitis with microglandular hyperplasia, among other things. I had been having an unusually heavy discharge for years but no one could tell me what it was since everything they tested me for always came back benign. They said it was just the way my body was. NOT.

Thanks for posting where to read more about it.

Unread 04-03-2009, 02:50 PM

That is exactly what happened to me! Benign results, but heavy discharge. I've worn a tampon everyday since I was a teen (about 25 years). Most of the doctors dismissed it. One said it was just ovulation. I tell you, I am feeling so validated on this site! Thanks for writing back and sharing.

Take care.
Unread 04-03-2009, 06:02 PM

I had a simular experiance. My cervix was VERY painful. Pap smeers would bring tears to my eyes, the biopsies I had done about killed me. The path report comes back with cronic cervicitis - my doc explained it to me as inflamation of the cervix and probably was what was making my cervix hurt so bad. When I got home and looked it up I about freaked until I researched deeper and got past the STD thing. Wish STD was not the first thing mentioned as it seems to be not as common a cause as they try to make out.
Unread 04-04-2009, 07:16 AM

Same here! I also actually had to wear tampons for the discharge! And that was supposed to be normal or acceptable to live with? Then of course there is the danger of wearing tampons too often. A colposcopy showed nothing. STD and other tests were always benign.

Thank you ladies also for the validation. Nothing worse than having a problem and being told it's nothing.

I am still having occasional clear discharge but will not get upset unless it remains after the 6-week mark. It doesn't make sense since the cervix is gone.

Are you guys having any discharge post-op?
Unread 04-04-2009, 07:34 AM

I'm still having discharge at 3 1/2 mths post op. I've been tested and all negative. I have to wear pantyliners everyday and it's driving me crazy. Dr said it may not go away and would have to live with it. Great answer; his a man
Unread 04-04-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillhope View Post
I'm still having discharge at 3 1/2 mths post op. I've been tested and all negative. I have to wear pantyliners everyday and it's driving me crazy. Dr said it may not go away and would have to live with it. Great answer; his a man
Oh no! Say it isn't so! Don't you wish they would get discharge everyday?

I'm very sorry to hear about this, especially since I was told it would be better by 6 weeks. Where is it coming from if there is no uterus or cervix? I don't understand that.
Unread 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM

I haven't had discharge yet; however, my mom said that she had it for a while after her hysterectomy. She had a hysterectomy when she was 26 (endometriosis so bad she had Gangreen). She thinks it was a couple of weeks that she had it. I am dreading this... I'm like you guys in that I HATE discharge. It just feels so disgusting.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.