HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Community Central > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Recurrent fibroids after myomectomy? Recurrent fibroids after myomectomy?

Unread 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Recurrent fibroids after myomectomy?

I'll give a brief history so everyone knows where I'm coming from. I'm a 44 year old with a 20 year old son. I had fibroids with terrible periods for a couple of years before I explored my options and had an abdominal myomectomy 2 years ago this week.

For the past couple of months, I've been experiencing the same symptoms - bloating, weight gain, swelling feet, and finally miserable periods again. I just can't live this way again. I was miserable and felt miserable. I'm back to wearing super plus tampons along with an overnight pad. I want my life back. I'm calling the doctor who did the myomectomy in the morning. His office is good about getting an appointment quickly and they do their own ultrasounds.

If it is indeed fibroids, I'm thinking that I'd prefer having a hysterectomy this time around because I don't want to have surgery every couple of years.

Does anyone have experience with a vaginal hysterecomy following previous surgery? My biggest concern is missing work. I'm in my better physical shape now than I was 2 years ago so I'm hoping recovery will be a lot easier.
Unread 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters! You don't have a hysterectomy date mentioned in your profile (click here to add it if you know what it is!)

For helpful information and resources you will find specific help by clicking these links: for Treatment Options, for Pre-Op Or for Post-Op.

You will find wonderful information in our Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Re: Recurrent fibroids after myomectomy?

philliesfan

I'm sorry you're having problems again but am very glad you've joined and hope you'll benefit from the wealth of information and support here.

Princess Ruby has linked our Treatment Options Page above, which is packed with information, and please don't hesitate to start a new thread with your concerns (just as you did here) in the <link> Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives Forum so others can share their experiences.

Sending all good wishes and we're here to support you ~ every step of the way!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.