HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery

Unread 05-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Unhappy - sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery

After my LAVH with ovaries removed, I decided not to take HRT. This was in 2002. Now, almost 7 years later my entire pelvic region has started to fall to pieces. I wanted to know if prior to this type od surgery, did anyone else feel their vagina was getting "large and/or loose". I feel also as if my vagina has rotated downwards , more underneath me than before. I seem to not have any peritoneum left, my vaginal opening and anus are almost touching. I'm sorry to be graphic but I cannot talk to gyn as he is about my son's age. I hope that sex will be more enjoyable for me but also my husband although he doesn't complain. I am considering taking bio identical hormones to boost totally gone libido. It is a problem when I could care less but my husband still acts like he is 18. What are we supposed to do? I am 53 and my husband is 58, but I feel 78 and he feels very frisky. I dread going to bed at night because if I say no, he pouts and acts like I don't love him anymore. Good Grief, I am getting too old for all this drama. Has anyone else had these problems? Any suggestions?
Unread 05-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Thumbs up - sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery Re: sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery

Hi,

I can understand your concerns, maybe I can help you a bit. I had my TAH/BSO when I was 54 yo and started on bio-identicals. I take bi-est, Prometrium and use Vagifem 2x a week. I had repairs for a cystocele, rectocele, enterocele and vault suspension done at 57 yo...I'm now 61 yo and enjoying a healthy sex life. It wasn't like that before I had the repairs done and started on HRT.

I can tell you with absolute certainty sex is MUCH better after the repairs are done and you get the hormones straightened out to help with libido. Estrogen is vital in keeping all of our organs functioning properly and keeping atrophy at bay. As my uro/gyn said "you need estrogen to keep the vagina nice and plump". I would encourage you to find a uro/gyn to help you sort through your issues...they are a God send!

Let us know how you are doing .. you're much to young to dread having sex!

Diana
Unread 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Re: sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery

Dear Diana, thank you for the encouraging words. I have the bio identical hormone kit here at home, I am going to get it ready tomorrow to send off and figure out what I need. My husband is so nice, I feel just terrible not being able to keep up with him. I am anxious to start again and put this behind me. I just needed a boost to get it done. Thanks again, Brenda
Unread 05-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Smile - sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery Re: sex after rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault prolapse surgery

Hi Brenda,

I'm not familiar with the bio kit, but you do need a doctors prescription to get the hormones. Have you been able to find a uro/gyn in your area? I was born and raised on Long Island, there are so many more doctors in New York than here in PA...hopefully your quest for a uro/gyn won't be too difficult. You can try ratemds.com, suggestadoctor.com (Hystersisters started that one) or go to augs.com for a listing.

Good Luck!
Diana

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.