Hormone help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Hormone help

Hi I'm on Evorel 25, however this is not enough so I have to keep adding to the patch. This sounds strange but my body can't cope with a full patch all at once, I get awful feelings in my left leg and arm and my speach goes strange, so I now spend fours days adding more patch. I had a full pelvic clearance on the 13th May 09, I had very bad PMS and Endo. I hope I have done the right thing. Hope someone can help?
Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Re: Hormone help

I am a little surprised that you are taking an estrogen-only hrt since you had endo. Perhaps you should call your doctor about changing your strength. Your side effects sound serious. Hope you find some answers soon!
Unread 05-26-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmtsp View Post
I am a little surprised that you are taking an estrogen-only hrt since you had endo. Perhaps you should call your doctor about changing your strength. Your side effects sound serious. Hope you find some answers soon!
Me too... why not also use progesterone to help protect the endo from returning?

What is Evorel? What type of estrogen delivery? Also what strength? Sounds like it's not a good match for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2009, 03:18 AM

Sorry I should have mentioned that I also take Norethisterone, due to the Endo. Evorel is a 25mcg patch. I feel a little better, it just seems to take ages to get a balance. Thank you for the replies ladies, I'm 37 and struggling with this. xxx
Unread 05-27-2009, 07:38 AM

I was on the patch right after my surgery. I seemed to suck up all the estrogen in it right away when I put it on. I never could get one to last as long as it was supposed to, plus I had huge "highs" and "lows". I'm now on a once a day cream which works much better. It keeps my estrogen levels fairly constant. Maybe you could switch to something like Oestrogel so that you are more in control of how much estrogen goes on your skin every day.

Also, you're not that far out from surgery. It takes a while to get the hormones under control, usually several months. But if the patch really doesn't work for you, you have other options. Don't get discouraged!

Maddie
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:00 AM

Thank you so much Maddie, I may ask to try the gel. I got so fed up that I have started to use Evorel Conti wich is a combined patch. I feel so well since the surgery, its just the hormone balance that's the problem. If I don't use HRT I feel dreadful, like i'm going to die, my heart beats fast, and I shake. You are right I need to give it time. Thank you xx
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:38 AM

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
I get awful feelings in my left leg and arm and my speach goes strange,
Have you discussed these symptoms with your ?

Kay
Unread 05-27-2009, 01:22 PM

This only happens if I have a rush of Hormones, I can't apply a full patch at once as my body simply can't take it. Thank you so much for replying, I shall let you know how I go. xxxx
Unread 05-27-2009, 10:56 PM

Hi Moaner

Have you had a chance to call your doctor yet? These are serious symptoms. I had these same symptoms about ten years ago, and my doctor gave me several tests as these symptoms can indicate some pretty serious conditions--stroke, MS, etc. If there's any chance of these kinds of things, it's important to know right away so you can be treated.

It also might mean nothing at all. In my case, the symptoms were caused by a combination of a powerful fast-acting decongestant and a bad sinus infection. (My sinuses do really weird things to me when they're infected.) In your situation, it might just be that you need some change in your HRT delivery method.

Please contact your doctor right away and let us know what you find out.

I'm sending big to you.
Unread 05-28-2009, 03:43 AM

Hi CHRIS
I feel ok now thanks, I have started on a combined Patch Evorel conti, and my symptoms have settled. The problem I have is that I can't have a full patch on at once, it is to much for my rather petite frame, its now simply a case of just adding to the patch and hopefully I will find a level that works for me. If my hormone levels drop suddenly i get awful heart paplatations, shaking and panic attacks. I'm x2wks post op and hopefully this will settle down soon. Thank you so much for caring.
xxxxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register