HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Anyone have Scar Pictures? Anyone have Scar Pictures?

Unread 05-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Re: Anyone have Scar Pictures?

Ladies - just had my da Vinci LAVH on Tuesday at 7:30. Only took about an hour! Came home yesterday afternoon. I have five incisions. They are covered with bandages right now. Feeling so much better already (huge relief in bladder pressure) I'm not too worried about the incisions. I'm only taking ibuprofen for pain (which is more like discomfort); what a relief. For me, this was ideal...minimally invasive!

P.S. to Spiky Sandy...thanks for the message. If you have questions feel free to post them here.
Unread 05-28-2009, 07:45 PM

Marisela, welcome home!!!
Unread 05-28-2009, 07:49 PM

Thanks, Sandy! OBTW I'd be happy to share any of my hard-earned knowledge. I'll post a more detailed post another day...lots of email and stuff to catch up on and I don't feel like staying on the computer for a long time at any given time...
Unread 05-28-2009, 10:53 PM

I have had 5 Laparoscopic procedures and you can barely see my scars. I am 6 weeks post op from my LAVH and my incisions are almost completely healed. I agree with Sandy, you will still be beautiful. :-)
Unread 05-29-2009, 05:35 AM

Thanks Ladies,
I dont feel beautiful. I was very upset when I was discussing the incision sizes with my dh last night. And telling him I will have Keloid Scars all over my front.

I know part of it is the Lupron shot I got a week ago. Man it has me crabby & emotional.

Good to hear about the scars hardly showing.
I will hope for that with mine.
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:26 PM

Hi Spamee,

I had three incisions from my LSH last August. One was so well-hidden in my belly button that I could hardly find it immediately after my surgery! One on my right side is about 1/4 inch long, and a couple inches in from my hip bone. The other is about an inch on my left side. That's the one where they actually took the uterus out through. It started out smaller, as the doctor initially was just doing a laparoscopy to look around. He had to make it bigger when he chose to do the hysterectomy, and had to put the morcellator in.

Both of those scars are mostly faded now. I'm not sure how well they would even show up on a photo.

I see you are from Minnesota...what area? Maybe we can meet and compare "battle wounds" after your surgery!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.