HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Estradiol fluctuating so much & causing anxiety etc Estradiol fluctuating so much & causing anxiety etc

Unread 05-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Estradiol fluctuating so much & causing anxiety etc

Hi. I am in my 6th week post op from LSH & BSO and also am concerned about anxiety. I had to take a small amount of anti-anxiety medication for the past ten years. I thought it was due to perimenopausal symptoms as well as a predisposition to anxiety. Since surgery it's been worse. I was tested at 2 weeks for hormone levels and was at 76 for my estradiol and about 22 FSH. 5 days later I was tested again due to anxiety, sadness etc and my estradiol was 37 but my FSH remained about 23 or so. Then 2 weeks later (about 3 days ago) my estradiol was 135 and my FSH was 8. I really freak out over these #'s even though my Dr. says not to. He's testing again in a week. He wants the estradiol a bit lower and steady. I'm afraid that may not happen! I've been on the vivelle dot .1 since the day of surgery. I wish I wasn't so scared. He doubled my axiety med but it doesn't help much at all and I don't want to go higher. I take 150 mg of progesterone too. Those levels have remained about the same. Any thoughts?
Kirstensis
Unread 05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Re: Concerned about anxiety

Hi KirstenSis~
One of our sisters just posted this today shortly before you did your own post:
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=368187
Unread 05-28-2009, 08:47 PM

Not sure how to do this yet, not getting any responses.
Kirstensis
Unread 05-29-2009, 07:16 AM

Did you get it figured out Kirsten?
Unread 05-29-2009, 09:56 AM

hope so but no replies I may try the same question under a different topic name
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:02 AM

well,
I can't say much about the hormone issues... But i have had anxiety and panic issues for years.... The doctor did tell me that my anxiety and panic might get worse if i were to have my ovaries removed... So i didn't mine is bad enough all on its own.... BUT I feel for you.... I know one day i will be going through the same thing ..... Like i said i have taken meds for years now with my anxiety issues... there is also a great web site to chat with others with anxiety issues... anxietypanicsupport.com if you need that... It helps me .. Its a chat room.. thats open all the time...
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM

Sometimes it just takes a while before someone comes along with experiences to share. (As a friendly reminder of the site Guidelines, duplicate posting on the site isn't allowed. )

It does take time and it can take some trial and error to hit on the right hormone therapy. Making changes too frequently can actually make the process more complicated than it needs to be. It's hard to resist making changes because of course we want to feel better quickly but slow and steady wins the race to find hormone balance.

If you aren't already keeping a symptom journal, you may want to start one. It can be a useful tool to share with your doctor as it will show, over a period of time, how you are doing. Changes can be made based on your symptoms, which are generally a better indicator of what needs to be tweaked since hormone levels vary so much from woman to woman and what may be normal for one can feel awful for another.

Hang in there and know that we're here to support you on your journey to balance!

s
Unread 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Re: Estradiol fluctuating so much & causing anxiety etc

Thanks gals. We are not making changes too quickly. I've been on .1 vivelle dot since surgery. (6 weeks.) I believe that if in 1 week my estradiol levels are still up in the 135 range he may put me on the .075 dot. I was hoping for the fem ring or something but maybe staying and seeing if this form works first is a good idea. Kirsensis
I think the anxiety may lessen once we have a staedy amount that's working better and the naseau goes away.
Unread 05-30-2009, 05:16 AM

Kristen
I know how you feel. Anxiety is horrible to deal with.
I have suffered with anxiety and depression for some time. Having a hysterectomy certainly brought it front and center in my life.
What I learned over the past three years...
The patch does have a up and down absorbtion rate. Some women are very sensitive to any change in hormone levels. I'm one of those "lucky" ones.
I felt terrible on the patch. Everyday was different. Anxiety was torture for me and my family. It got so bad that I ended up in counseling. I thought I was losing my marbles.
Through trail and error and going to a few different drs, I finally found my "right" hrt...I use the femring now and it is a different world for me. I feel like my old self. It is steady and wonderful because you put it in and forget it. No more sticky butt! I wake up feeling calm and strong. I never knew what the day would bring on the patch.
Finding the right hrt can be hard work when you are sensitive. But your perserverance is certainly worth it. Best of luck on your hrt journey.

Hope you feel better very soon.
Unread 05-30-2009, 09:12 AM

Thank you, Pretty Anxious. Yes- each day I feel kinda weak and shaky +the anxiety. I have thought about the femring and will talk to my Dr. about it. These fluxuating hormones on the patch cannot be the answer.
Kirstensis

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway