HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

popping another question-weight gain with fibroids popping another question-weight gain with fibroids

Unread 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
popping another question-weight gain with fibroids

Has anyone gain weight since the fibroid attack? I have certain desires like I am pregnanct afterall I do have a uterus size of 5-6 month old prego LOL. But seriously, is the desires cause of fibroids, sometimes I desire for things I normally would not even dream of. Weird.
Unread 06-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Re: popping another question-weight gain with fibroids

Are you talking about cravings? If so, no, I have not had cravings.
Unread 06-03-2009, 06:19 PM

yes, cravings thats the word, has anyone had cravings since they had fibroids?
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:10 AM

I have not had cravings with the fibroids. However, I've been trying to lose weight for over a year through Weight Watchers and while I've been successful, the loss rate has been REALLY slow. It sped up once I started on Lupron and the fibroids began shrinking. I don't know if that was related or not, but it made sense to me that there was weight associated with the size of the fibroids.
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:39 AM

I feel like I have gained weight a lot faster. I wonder if it is all mental though. You know how some men feel the pregenacy along with their wife. What is that Sympathy pains. (I know they could never feel enough to really understand). But that is what my weight gain is like. No matter how hard I try to lose it, it is just not coing off. even did a liquid diet for a week to see if the weight came off. Nope.

I am also soooo tired, my body is just run down right now. when you body is like that, it holds on to everything to try and help its self. Not realizing that if it let go of the weight, you would feel better.
Unread 06-04-2009, 07:39 AM

In the last few months I have gained a few pounds like I do before my period and it has not come off. I think it is the fibroids making my body react as if it is on a period when I am not. My stomach is popping out and I feel something hard inside when I roll on my stomach.
Unread 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM

I would have to say yes to the weight gain, but no to the cravings. I was down to 190 from 295, which had taken me a little over a year to lose on my own and since my fibroids are growing......I am back up to 240 in just a little over 8 weeks. I am really upset over this. I am not doing anything different from when the weight was coming off. Really upsets me. Most of the weight gain is in my belly, waist, hip area, no where else.Ablsolutely hate it!!!!!!!
Unread 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM

I didn't have any weird cravings but my tummy kept getting bigger and bigger. I ended up with a 6 and a half month "pregnancy" going on only it was a fibroid. I had my surgery 4/6/09 and almost immediatly lost 42 pounds without trying and that's while I was quitting smoking, too

Wanda 48
tubal ligation2002
multiple D & C's
breast biopsies x 2
endometrial ablation 2004
TAH kept ovaries 4/6/09
Unread 06-04-2009, 11:13 AM

I haven't had any odd cravings, but I have been having weird dreams, emotional crying jags, MASSIVE tiredness followed (or preceded by) periods of energy--it almost like I am pregnant! (Which I've never been.)

My subserosal fibroid (8cm) has been my main concern, though I have 2 smaller (4-5cm) uterine fibroids. I'm curious about them, but figure I'm going to have to wait until they're all out and have been dissected to a fare-thee-well before I get any of my questions answered.

The weight gain/loss/change hasn't really affected me (that I know of), but again, I'll have to see after to be able to say for certain. You can't tell me these things don't have an effect on my body and everything that goes on around there!

And if eating ice cream and pickles makes you happy, then I say go for it!
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Kotton, you lost 42 pounds?!?! Way to go girl!! I hope I am that lucky.

I walk, lift weights and watch what I eat, and I just keep gaining and it has made me so mad. Like Lilsis, all my weight is in my middle. just like when I was pregnate. I don't have the bleeding so it is like my period never ends. I gain before and bloat then it just says and keeps building. Some days I feel like if I just take a pin to my middle it will pop like a bubble.

I have run into so many women the last few days that have had a hysterectomy and they have all said that they woke up and felt SOoooo much lighter and better. 5 days to freedom!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.