Da Vinci Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy New to Hysterectomy land | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy New to Hysterectomy land Da Vinci Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy New to Hysterectomy land

Unread 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Da Vinci Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy New to Hysterectomy land

My name is Melissa I am 37 years old. I had a Da Vinci assisted lapro scopic total hysterectomy. (Uterus and Cervix removed I still have my ovaries). Surgery was May 20th I am 20 days post op. I am healing up really good on the outside the inside is taking a little longer (I am diabetic) I have these spurts of energy and I get up and putter around the house and then I am zapped. I just feel so drained and tired. I feel like a bum cause I do everything for my family. They are doing for me but it's just so hard. My head say's "Hey you can do it" and then my body proves otherwise. I have my moments when I cry for no reason and then I have little hot flashes. I go back for my 4 week post op check on June 18th. Someone please tell me this gets better. I'm not a frilly kinda girl. I was in the Army and I have 2 grown sons I've always considered myself to be tough enough and self sufficient. Now I feel vulnerable and useless and it sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Re: Da Vinci Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy New to Hysterectomy land

Melissa and We are so glad you found us and decided to post!!!!! I am due to have my hyster on Wednesday!! So I can't help you with your emotions but I can tell you that you made a wise decision in deciding to post here. These ladies are wonderful!!! And give the best :cybhug:s

I am sure someone who has had their hyster will be along to help you shortly!!!!!

to you and I look forward to getting to know you better!!!!!!
Unread 06-08-2009, 02:36 PM

Thank you for posting back. I don't regret having my surgery. For the first time in my life that pain I've had that I just learned to live with is finally gone. It's just the post surgery stuff. I have cabin fever I guess. I've tried to get out of the house my husband has taken me on short car trips around town. Although it felt good to see new scenery I hurt later on from all the jostling around and was drained the next day.
I'm sure in time this will all go away and not even be a thought in my head but until then it's the getting there that's bugging me.
Thank you so much!
Good luck with your surgery Lisa~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Hi MelissaJRayl, I too have always been the one to get things done. I prided myself in being independent. I am much better at helping than being helped. The transition is very difficult but it is a growing experience.
Hang in there.
Yes, it does get better
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:24 PM

Thank you. I am just thrilled that I found this site and I have sent the day reading threads and its just amazing to me the amount of sharing of experiences the good, the bad and the ugly of it all it just makes things easier.

I have gone through some of the things we don't do after our surgery and discovered that I am guilty for pushing the laundr basket down the hall with my foot to load the washer and dryer and push the basket back down the hall to the bedroom used the same muscles I would have used if I just picked the darn thing up. This site is a education/information site for me.

I just have to learn to pamper me during this time. I pamper everyone else. My Turn! lol
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM

WELCOME MelissaJRay! I am scheduled first thing tomorrow AM for my Da Vinci, it is always nice to see we are not alone out here. I agree with Linmarie, you will find this site very helpful and informational, with a few laughs along the way.

Best Wishes!
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:41 PM

It does get better but it will take longer than you think. I believe the more independent you are the faster you think it will go and you'll tough it out and your bod and hormones say "nope, we're doing it my way." But it does get better be patient.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register