HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Laparoscopic Uterosacral ligament Suspension Laparoscopic Uterosacral ligament Suspension

Unread 06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Laparoscopic Uterosacral ligament Suspension

Hello,

I am scheduled for surgery on Tues and I am getting the 'works". Laparoscopic Uterosacral ligament suspension, cystocele repair, TOT sling for stress incontinenece AND a tubal ligation, with the possibility of rectocele repair and some hemmoroid removal as well.

I vigorously sought a doctor who would give me an alternative to hyterectomy - I am 40 with a family history of uterine/pelvic floor prolapse and did NOT want my uterus removed. Has anyone had this procedure along with others? If so, can you give me an idea of how long you were out from work?

My doctor(a man) told me 3-5 weeks but the surgery scheduler (a woman) told me 6-8. I will be in the hospital one night, maybe 2. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Unread 06-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Re: Laparoscopic Uterosacral ligament Suspension

Hi I haven't had any of those procedures but from experience I would make my post op plans using the longer recovery time. If your better sooner great. I was wondering if you may get more replies if you post your question in the pre-op forum. Either way I wish you the best of luck for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Unread 06-12-2009, 09:37 AM

msgoodbar--

That's a long list you may have done there. It does make a difference whether or not you have the rectocele repair and the hemorrhoid surgery added on or not. In my opinion--and I am NOT a medical professional--those 2 things can be harder to recover from than any of the other surgeries. You can do a Google Search at the top right of the page in the blue rectangle to find women here on Hyster Sisters tell about their recoveries from rectocele repair, perineoplasty, and even removal of hemorrhoids. Some women recover quickly; some have said that it's taken them about a year to feel fully recovered from extensive rectocele and anal repair surgery. It helps to read what others' experiences have been. Most women seem to recover most of the way in the first few weeks. For me, even with the extensive surgery I had, when I had rectocele surgery and attempted sphincter repair, I think it took me about 3 months before I felt like the pain was gone from that.

I do hope you find the help you need and that everything goes well.

Sending you good vibes.........
Unread 11-21-2011, 06:20 AM

I am new to this website, but am interested in having this laparoscopic suspension and wondering how your worked out?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway