HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Endometrial Cancer/ Grade 2-3 Endometrial Cancer/ Grade 2-3

Unread 06-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Endometrial Cancer/ Grade 2-3

Hi, I have been dx with endo cancer also. I found out yesterday 6/4/09 at the gyno/onc that it is grade 2 aggressive. Total hysterectomy be be scheduled in next 10-15 days..sounds like a troublesome journey but very doeable. If you are staged at 1 most likely no other treatment is needed which has helped me a lot . Staging for this isn't done prior to surgery as they have to use your lymph nodes for that. Knowing is better than worrying. I can't wait to get it over with. We will be ok Sista...just got to take are of just ourselves for a while. I will be 60 in Aug...my daughter's 5 yr breast cancer anniversary is coming up in Sept. and we intend to party about that! We will all hang together to survive this **** stuff.
Unread 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Re: Endometrial cancer

You go, Rosecity! I admire and celebrate your outlook -- it's what will keep you sane and strong. And you're darn night -- time to "pamper the princess" as they say on the post-op board. You're a warrior and a survivor! You'll be in my thoughts on the 15th -- I'll send you lots of positive healing energy!
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Rosecity,
I was told Friday that I have endo. cancer, but that I will need a hysterectomy before it can be staged. Have you had one already so you know you are stage 2, or is there a technique I don't know about?
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:27 AM

Rosecity:

I had a hysterectomy before cancer was even suspected. My path report showed Stage 3 endometrial cancer. I had a CAT scan this morning and start chemo tomorrow.

I assume you had an endometrial biopsy. Unfortunately this was not done prior to my surgery, but my doctor saw nothing other than fibroids on my ultrasounds to indicate this. It's all water under the bridge now.

Don't worry - get it done. I should have been more proactive than I was, but my symptoms were all indicative of perimenopause and fibroids which I knew I had prior to the ultrasound.

I'll say a prayer for you and you do the same for me. Good luck and feel free to contact me anytime.

Sheila
Unread 06-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Yep had a biopsy the previous Tues...thought the most it would be is a D & C...dont' assume anything right? I'll remember you in my prayers. Its really hard on my family as it all of yours too...We'll get it done, we're women for Heavens' sake!
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:42 AM

rosieoutlook

I didn't see your post about my already know the grade of cancer I have..

grading and staging are two really different areas of diagnosis. You are right, they can't stage until surgery but the path report which was from my biopsy did have the grade on it. It was between 2- 3...it tells the pathologist what type of cells they are and mine was entermetroid ( the most common) and what formation they have relative to normal looking cells. Mine has over 50% abnormal which tells me its not slow growing as a grade 1 is. They referred my sample to another pathologist for his opinion too. But everything is up for grabs until surgery I think.

As the days go by I find I am getting more anxious...I want it out!
Unread 06-14-2009, 12:19 PM

I am ready to have surgery, too. Mine is this Wednesday. I am tired of the pain and don't want any problems....

Best of luck...can they move the date up at all?
Unread 06-14-2009, 05:21 PM

No because of vacations...everybody needs them heaven knows but I sure wish it were sooner. I have had the worst day so far today, but a heating pad and layin around has helped. Have to work tomorrow so I have to get it together here. I'll be praying for you Sis...by next Wed. I will begin my prep with the colon clense thing and the next day all clear fluids with antibiotics every two hours for 12 hrs. I am still waiting to see if they want me in Indy the night before for a bridge from one blood thinner to another. I have clotting issues and I have to get that resolved before surgery. I quit taking them altogether 4 days before.

We will be ok I'm sure...its this waiting and wondering..My church had special prayer just for me yesterday and that has helped my spirit...my body is lagging behind but maybe the week will help change that.

I hope to hear soon that all went well with you and that you are on the mend.
Unread 06-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Thanks Sheila...I appreciate your post.
Unread 06-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Re: Endometrial Cancer/ Grade 2-3

The waiting is sooooooo hard. I will be thinking positive thoughts and have you in my prayers. I am your age and I had grade 3 but I was very lucky with the stage 1A Hope this early stage for you. The bowel prep was not as bad as I thought it would be, good luck to you in this journey. Let us know how you are doing.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.