HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Reply

What is Normal HRT Levels suppose to be? What is Normal HRT Levels suppose to be?

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 06-15-2009, 07:08 AM
What is Normal HRT Levels suppose to be?

I'm wondering what are normal HRT levels are suppose to be? I mean I know everyone is different but what is the scale they use to determine average levels? I'm set for my LAVA w/ ovaries, in couple weeks and trying to read as much as possible. My blood test are now FSH 34.3 EST 84 and am managing alright without HRT, but Dr says I AM in menopause now, no period for 10 mns now. I know once ovaries are removed I WILL use HRT and am leaning to wards natural ones. But boy there are soooo Marney choices. Just wanting to know if there is a scale they go by....Thanks
  #2  
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Re: What is Normal HRT Levels suppose to be?

Hi

I believe that "norms", are set by the labs and the manufacturers of the tests. Test results are usually accompanied by the "norms" for each result.

Having said that, what is normal for 80 percent of the population, isn't what is norm for the other 20%. My best Doctors, who have helped me the most, have been the ones who prescribe according to symptoms. Since you are comfortable with the levels that you have now, then knowing those levels will provide good guidelines for after your surgery.

and Best Wishes for your surgery.

Kay
  #3  
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Re: What is Normal HRT Levels suppose to be?

I do have occasional night sweats and have been irritable buy I am just imagining without ovaries what I can expect. There has got to be somewhat of a norm to gage hormones. I guess it will be a hit and miss experience after all....HUGS
Reply

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
2 Replies, Last Reply 10-27-2010, Started By Astraea1
3 Replies, Last Reply 09-25-2010, Started By veronalady
2 Replies, Last Reply 09-02-2010, Started By mhager
2 Replies, Last Reply 03-06-2009, Started By heilsufríkið
2 Replies, Last Reply 12-09-2008, Started By CatBerge
2 Replies, Last Reply 02-20-2008, Started By offpro61
2 Replies, Last Reply 01-22-2008, Started By Yankeesfan
6 Replies, Last Reply 12-19-2007, Started By goinginsane
1 Reply, Last Reply 07-17-2007, Started By shopoholic
1 Reply, Last Reply 07-12-2007, Started By HERNE
4 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
4 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
1 Reply, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
2 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
0 Reply, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
4 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
7 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
6 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
13 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause
4 Replies, No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause


Hysterectomy News

October 20,2014

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters CheckingIn October - No Leaks For YOU
This month's newsletter features information for urinary incontinence including treatment options and pro-active prevent ... News Archive

LATEST BLOG POST:

HysterSisters Accessories

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays

UPCOMING EVENTS

Pre-Op Chat 9 pm eastern Oct.30

I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


Advertisement


Featured Videos

Dr. Terry answers questions about bone density and oste...

Dr. Rebecca Booth answers many questions about menopaus...

Dr. Rebecca Booth answers questions about menopause....

Dr. Rebecca Booth discusses keeping ovaries with hyster...

HysterSisters App Store Android app on Google Play


Advertisement