HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Night sweats...post op Night sweats...post op

Unread 06-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Night sweats...post op

Hello Sisters,

Just wondering....kept both Ovaries but am having night sweats. Had my TVH on last Monday(06-08-09), doing very well, but am starting to have night sweats. Is it me or do I just need to turn down my thermostat? No fever, bowels is open, drinking LOTS of water, not on pain meds, what else should I be doing?

Just wondering is this something that comes with the TVH post-op territory. My back is also bothering me, but I do have a really, really bad back with DDD & OA of my lumbar spine.(oh yeah, DDD stands for degenerative disc disease).

Take care everyone,

Sista Big Boned
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Re: Night sweats...post op

I went to bed last night freezing but then woke up in a pool a sweat, I also kept my ovaries.
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:18 PM

I had a few of those nights during the first couple of weeks after surgery. Cold going to bed, waking up wet with sweat! I kept my ovaries too. I'm now 4 weeks out and I haven't had one for probably 10 days or more! Yeah! Good luck to you!
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Your ovaries can go into shock after a Hyst. Should resolve itself. Good luck
Unread 06-15-2009, 05:41 PM

I still sometimes have to kick the doona off in the middle of the night due to being suddenly hot - but I've always been a little this way so am not sure if it's a hormone thing or not. I think my ovaries are still a little sleepy though, am still quite emotional at the drop of a hat. So you are definately not alone in this.
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:59 PM

I am 3 weeks since surgery - getting night sweats off and on since surgery. My doctor told me this was typical healing stuff after surgery, sure hope it goes away, has been tough last few nights.
Unread 06-18-2009, 02:02 PM

Hello...it took my ovaries 3 months to wake up from surgery.....as time went on the night sweats and hot flashes became less and less....our bodies have to go through so much readjusting after this surgery....give it time, you will get there.
Unread 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM

I'm a little over 10 weeks out and the past 2 nights are the first that I haven't had night sweats. They ended up putting me on a hormone patch even though I kept both ovaries. Hormone tests were normal. What you're going through is normal. I even experienced panic attacks, depression and insomnia with mine. Still trying to move on from all of this.
Unread 06-23-2009, 06:42 AM

I'm three weeks post surgery and have my right ovary. Night sweats and hot flashes started about a week ago and have been getting worse. I go back to work in a week and won't be able to rip off my clothes or jump in the shower if they hit!
Should I just wait this out or ask Dr for something?
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:38 AM

Call your doctor and ask...I was able to wait it out...then again I'm a stay at home mom and I can rip of my clothes...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway