HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Adenomyosis in Cervix? Adenomyosis in Cervix?

Unread 07-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Adenomyosis in Cervix?

Ladies,

Has anyone ever had Adenomyosis in the cervix? I’m wondering about the whole keep the cervix or not controversy. Does it matter with Adeno from your experience?

I go to interview a doctor today for my hysterectomy. I’m surprisingly very nervous!
Thanks girls!
Unread 07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Re: Adenomyosis in Cervix?

I had Endometorisis and Adenomyosis and it was in my cervix too, the dr took my cervix , he said it was best cause the cerivx will keep bleeding and causing pain and can spread the endo all over again. he said having surgery and leaving a infected part would be pointless. i dont notice it gone now that i am healed. and glad they took it no more bleeding and pain with sex.
good luck
hugs
Lisa
Unread 07-16-2009, 01:26 PM

I have adenomyosis and am keeping my cervix. One dr wanted to take the cervix out, but my current dr said that in my case there was no reason to take it and it makes it better for me in the long run.

Do you have endo on your cervix or adeno?
Unread 07-16-2009, 01:40 PM

The cervix is not a separate organ. It is the bottom (or neck) portion of the uterus. Thus, it can have endometrial lining. If any of that endometrial lining is left and it contains adenomyosis, there can be issues following a hysterectomy. Because adenomyosis really is not 100% diagnosed until after pathology, it can be difficult to know if some adeno is left with any endometrial lining.

For this reason, some doctors do advise that the cervix be removed when adenomyosis is suspected. The same can be true for endometriosis.

Unread 07-16-2009, 10:48 PM

Yikes!!

No doctor has ever mentioned to me the possibility of Adenomyosis being in the cervix...I just was questioning it myself, but didn’t think to ask while with the doctor...

What to do...sigh...sorry ladies, I’m starting to feel like I’m going in circles and yet I need to do something soon. I don’t have any Endo that I know of, just Adeno, seems just forever...nasty bleeding since I was 12, now my anemia is worsening even with all the help I'm trying to give it...and I feel wretched always at this point... just can't seem to move forward on who's best to do this surgery, when to do it and what parts to take out….

Thanks ladies!
Unread 07-17-2009, 06:29 AM

I have adeno and I really, really, really want to keep my cervix. Apparently they try to 'core it out'; that is, to remove as much of the lining from the cervix as possible. But, my gyno said that its hard to know how much to take.

It would DEFINITELY SUCK to have to go and have the cervix removed later... I will just pray like crazy to have it all go well and end the bleeding. Heck, I don't even mind a 'wipe and go' mini-period, just not this horrible clotting disaster every month!

Steph
Unread 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM

Isn't this fun?

I just have not been handling this whole thing well the last few days....I am a mom of 4, homeschool--one with disabilities, help with my husband’s business, work outside the home too etc...I don't have the time or energy for this and yet, here I am. I'm thankful I'm not dealing with cancer, just feeling a bit down and frustrated right now...sorry...not doing anything "well." I had to stop working outside the home, no energy left...and we need the money! I so hope in the end I feel better after surgery...

Thanks for listening. May you all feel better too!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.