HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Broken-Hearted -- Loss of Pet Broken-Hearted -- Loss of Pet

Unread 07-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Broken-Hearted -- Loss of Pet

Sisters, I am absolutely grief-stricken. We just came from the vet and we had to put out beloved cat down. She was 18 years old and had multiple issues -- lots of things "shutting down". She was my little buddy all these years and I can't bear the thought of not having her any more. I find, since my surgery, that the tears are very close to the surface -- but this has really brought on the waterworks. I know we made the right decision, but it's still very hard.
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Re: Broken-Hearted -- Loss of Pet

I'm so sorry. We have 3 older dogs that are getting up there and I can't even imagine how much of a mess I will be then. So sorry about your loss.
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Thank you for your understanding. I hope you still have many years left with your pals.
Unread 07-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Im so sorry to hear this. Our Fur kids are the best. It is very hard to lose them. Such a hard decision to make. You did the right thing & helped her from her pain. It doesnt make it any easier.
May memories of her help you through this difficult time.
Unread 07-16-2009, 04:28 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved cat, it's such a difficult thing to have to do, even though you know it's for the best. I lost a dear cat when he was 18, it just about broke my heart, I have never forgotten him. Try and remember the good memories, I know you will have a lot of them. Thinking of you , big hugs. My hyster was the same day as yours and I too find that I am tearful.
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:08 PM

I'm so sorry about the passing of your cat. Mine are 14 and 13 and the oldest is starting to get "old".

Sending good thoughts to you during this time.

Unread 07-16-2009, 05:34 PM

God Bless you all! Your caring and sympathy means a lot right now. (It's hard to see my computer screen through these tears.) Thank you, thank you!
Unread 07-16-2009, 06:13 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I really understand because 7 days after my surgery, my husband had to take our 14 year old dog in to be put to sleep. Eighteen years is a long and good life. Remember the happy times together.

RALH/BSO
Endometrial CA stage 1A
Unread 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Oh my gosh! You all have helped me so much. I have a cat that I have had for 13 years and he has medical issues and not tolerating meds. I know that he should be put down but I can not do it. When I think about being without him I just bawl. I thought I was just being a wusie and not being realistic. After all he is "just a cat" according to others around me. but I feel like I am losing one of my children. I know that I need to think about what is best for him but I will miss his hugs.
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkelbell View Post
Oh my gosh! You all have helped me so much. I have a cat that I have had for 13 years and he has medical issues and not tolerating meds. I know that he should be put down but I can not do it. When I think about being without him I just bawl. I thought I was just being a wusie and not being realistic. After all he is "just a cat" according to others around me. but I feel like I am losing one of my children. I know that I need to think about what is best for him but I will miss his hugs.
Believe me, Tinkelbell, he's not "just a cat" -- he's part of the family. My children are grown and gone and our little girl was a huge part of our lives -- for so many years. I'll say a prayer that your little guy improves and the two of you have many happy years ahead of you!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.