HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Estroblend question Estroblend question

Unread 07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Estroblend question

I will have to check out the Estroblend. I had people telling me I need the Hormones to keep my ody running. I have not had cancer but some family has. I am so confused
Unread 07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Re: No HRT Very Little Symptoms

I tried to look up Estroblend online. I could not find it. I senn Estroven? I wanted to read up on it and see what it said. I am mainly scared of bone loss and getting facial hair or losing hair.
I have been back to work a week and it is different. I know things will get better I am praying
Unread 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1014 View Post
Scottie I tried to look up Estroblend online. I could not find it. I senn Estroven? I wanted to read up on it and see what it said. I am mainly scared of bone loss and getting facial hair or losing hair.
I have been back to work a week and it is different. I know things will get better I am praying
Hello Jenn1014, ..... I tried Google but I could only find some reviews but not in details. I guess it is a brand that can only be found at Walmart. Take care!

Sharon
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:14 PM

I told my docotors I was not interested in HRT at all. Since my full Da Vinci robotic surgery I have not had a need for hormones. I use Estroblend bought at Walmart. It is all natural and it keeps menopausal symptoms away with no bad side effects. It is sure worth a try.
With all I have read sbout HRT I vow to never use it. In the August Reader's Digest on page 6 and 7 is a question and answer on this very subject. It states what I already knew. A lady wrote to RD saying Celebrities aren't the only ones giving unreliable advice. After being on hormone therapy for 10 years, the medical profession changed it's recommendation for menopausal women. I had been told by my doctor it was good for my health, but I kept questioning why I needed it. Then the medical establishment changed it's mind and long term HRT was now danerous. Is there an authority we can trust to give us safe and good medical advice? This is the Reader Digest's Editor's note: You're right. Doctors and the medical researchers alike deserve to feel sheepish for jumping to conclusions about HRT. Yes, there were plenty of clues suggestiong that it could keep women healthy, but when random studies where finally done, they showed HRT failed to deliver the expected benefits and brought on unanticipated risks. yet this experience has helped to fuel a push toward evidence-based medicine, which relies more on randomised, controlled trials and less on gut feelings developed through clinical experience. The situation is far from perfect. Stay tuned. We will be doing more on this topic very soon.
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:17 PM

Estroblend is a Walmart product. My friend told me the health food store sales the same type of product but it is very expensive. She tried it and discovered the Extra strength Estroblend worked as well or even better. I do not want to be out of it. Estroblend works wonders for me. I hope it does for all of you too.
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM

I did just find out you can buy Estroblend at Amazon.com but it costs a little more than at Walmart.
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Estroven is a more expensive version of Estroblend. They both seem to work well. I buy the extra strength Estoblend so I only have to take one a day. I did find it on Amazon.com for a little more than they charge at Walmart.
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:30 AM

Thanks I did see where is was the Equate brand(I buy that brand on alot of other stuff way cheaper) I will give this a chance. Do you take any other supplements like calcuim? I am not crazy about the whoe HRt thing at all!!
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:20 PM

I take a One-a-day women's multi-vitamin along with a Citrical tablet with vitamin-D or Caltrate with vitamin-D. I also take zinc, CoQ-10 and cinnamon capsules. My blood work came back looking great...no high sugars or high cholesteral and my blood pressue is perfect too. So is my husband's. He just had a yearly physical through his work and came through with flying colors. His doctor attributed a good part of his health due to the supplements we are taking.
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:41 PM

It is ok to take all that together. I read that the Estroblend had viatmains too. Why the cinnamon? I never been a big viatmin taker. I hate smell of some of them and hate to swallow big pills. I know they do have some chewable ones now with a different flavor. I need to get on the band wagon before I fall apart. I need to lose some weight about 40lbs(atleast) I havent exercised in for ever, I was so sick before my hyster and problems ever since(surgeries)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.