HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Community Central > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Closed Thread

Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

Unread 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Thumbs up - Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

My favorite stuff about this website is that ,it is amazing how caring and thoughtful the members are. They give you anwers to your questions in great detail and they don't hold back anything. I like that. It's like being with close family members. I feel like family here. Plus,this place lets you be yourself and talk about issues that you would otherwise not be able to discuss with just anyone. Keep up the great work! Hyster Sisters.....UNITE!
Unread 08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

I would have to say there are so many things I love about this site! One of my favorites was being able to ask so many personal questions without ever feeling embarrassed! I read so many posts and information that I was totally prepared for my TAH! Then after I had my surgery, I had more concerns, questions, and all my answers were right here! I purchased the much recommended Swelly Belly package, (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!) , my abdominal supporter was missing and with one easy email.. it was at my house in a few days (with a lovely gift and nice apology!) EVERYONE here has made my recovery so much easier and more comfortable, whether it was advice, encouragement, support or just an ear to listen! I also love that I get the emails that someone has responded to my post or one that I posted on... I have already told another person who is going in to the Palace about this and will continue to pass the word! This site made my surgery and recovery extremely pleasant! Thanks YOU HS for all you do for us princesses!
Unread 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM

I love this site because we have something in common and can talk about it and someone cares to listen, someone who understands.
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

My favorite thing about the site is the accurate and helpful information that allowed to be fully informed and prepared for my pre and post care. I'm so happy a friend recommended the site. Thanks to everyone.
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:21 PM

hystersisters has being my on call nurse and my support group since i came home from the hospital the love and conford i received here is priceless this one of the first times in my adult life that i have being apart of something so big and soooo doggon good. With so much info in hand am able to give what i feel is sound advise to my local sisters who don't have the internet and recommend it to those who have. I can say from my heart all my worries and fears has being eased. Thanks hystersisters between u and god i am a new woman fully loaded. HAPPY BDAY keep up the good works My love too all
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Wow where to start?

The things I love most about HysterSisters is:

1. Information - there is so much good info in laymen's terms, rather than doctor gobbledygook that nobody but another doc can understand!

2. Support - I have met so many wonderful, strong, brave women on this site! You can come in any time of day or night and not feel alone.

3. Free Booklet - I had one of these sent to my home, and one to my doc's office. My surgeon was a cantakerous old poop that made me feel intimidated when asking questions, etc. He had some pamphlets available in his office, but they were mostly for women expecting babies, NOT a great help when gearing up for a hysto!

to a great site, and a huge thanks to those who began, and those who maintain, this wonderful site!
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:36 PM

I really appreciate all the info that I received. I started reading a few weeks before my surgery, there were lots of tips and ideas on what to expect and how to make things easier. I now check the site daily, just to see how everyone is doing and how others are feeling at the same time frame that I am at. It has been an eye opening experience for me, I am feeling better every day. Thanks to everyone at HysterSisters! What an outstanding support group during this difficult and trying time! Thanks for being there!!!
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:05 PM

I enjoyed the support. When I first came to histersisters, I had just lost a very dear friend, and my best friend since first grade had just had a masectomy withing one month of each other. My hysterectomy was to be two weeks later! My teenaged girls were a reck. They would not leave my side. I got much needed support and advice here. Thanks!
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM

Why I love Hyster Sisters...
This site is the best because there are so many women on it with experiences, hints, and advice. I have put off having a TAH for so many years, and thanks to this site, I had it done this June of 09. I was so prepared before and after the surgery. I gave my Doctor the copy of the booklet, and asked him to order them for all his patients. I knew all the questions to ask my Dr., and I knew what to expect before & after my surgery. I am so grateful to all the women on this site, without them, I would not be where I am now today...HAPPY! So I say... Happy Birthday Hyster Sisters, and what a celebration for helping so many women.
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Smile - Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

I have several "favorite things" about HysterSisters. If I had to choose only one, it would be the instant kinship I felt when reading responses to questions I had. Since I only have men left here at home with me, they don't really know and understand what I was feeling inside when I came home from the hospital, nor what I am still going through during recovery. So, I am grateful for the friendliness in support, honesty in everyone's answers and comments, and the openness in being able to say what is on my mind.
Closed Thread

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.