HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Closed Thread

Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

Unread 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

I just thought of one more thing! The ladies here told me about all the little things the docs forget, like...

The bruises "down there" after a TVH.
That your hips will ache after a TVH
The swelly belly - My doc (God Bless him, he was great) actually asked me at my 2 week check if I was usually "this bloated".
A pillow on the belly can be your best friend.
Drink, drink, drink!
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM

I love that no matter what time of day it is I can find information and suggestions. I wish I had found this site before my surgery, better late than never. The wisdom and help from everyone is great. It is like sitting down and having tea time with my friends. Good things are always growing here!
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:06 PM

And I love all the iconsrose:*penguin: etc, etc, etc
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM

What do I love about Hystersisters? Hmmm.. let me count the ways... (bet someone's said that already!).

I love this wonderful, loving and caring community where we can share our thoughts and emotions and know that we are safe in each others presence.

The information on this site is invaluable, the friendships I've developed have been priceless...

You ladies are the bomb...!

Elizabeth
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Talking - Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

My favorite thing about Hystersisters is EVERYTHING!
But if you really force me to pick one, I would have to say being able to give support to others. Whether they are experiencing the same things I am, or completely different things, I like being able to say "I'm here, and thinking of you." That in and of itself can help, I think.
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:49 PM

I love the amount of information that I can find here. AND the support from so many individuals. It really helps to vent on the forums here and get support from others, especially with scary things like cancer and chemo to talk about...
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Ding ding!

Randomizer selected post #53!

Member: leeslyn!

Today's prize: The *new* HysterSisters Market Tote embroidered with the HysterSisters Logo! Ohhhh soooo cute!

(Read more about it here)---Click here

leeslyn - please send me your name and mailing address via PM and we will ship your prize out! Thanks!

More prizes to come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg totebag.jpg (19.6 KB, 2 views)
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Red face - Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes! Re: Birthday Contest! My Favorite Thing About HysterSisters - Multiple Prizes!

I am very grateful for the advice I have recieved over the years. You have all helped make this transition in my life less stressful and freightening. Thanks!
Unread 08-04-2009, 03:09 PM

I enjoy reading the stories everyone posts here. When I am feeling bad about my surgery, I come here and see I am not alone.

I am the only woman who has had this type of surgery in my family, so I am blessed to have all of you here to support me.
Unread 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM

The most favorite thing i love, love, love about hysterysisters is that i am not alone. Having warm, caring sisters who have either already been through what i was going through or who were just there to make me feel better.

And you know what? The sisters even had answers for the little things i thought were too trivial to ask my doctor...the answers are here....what a great comfort!

I love you hystersister and hystersister sisters!
Closed Thread

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway