Surgery Aug. 9th. A little nervous. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Aug. 9th. A little nervous. Surgery Aug. 9th. A little nervous.

Unread 08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Surgery Aug. 9th. A little nervous.

Hi,
I am new to Hystersisters and love the site so far. I am 36 with three boys, a seven year old and twin 2 & 1/2 year olds. I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy on Tues. Aug. 11th; SOON. My doc is planning a laparoscopic supracervical removal, but is not sure if that will be possible. I had an ablation in May to help with my heavy periods, but it didn't help so with a subsequent ultrasound, they found three fibroid tumors, adenomyosis, and a large mass on my left ovary that appears to be a cyst leaking fluid into my abdomen. So, hysterectomy, here we come.
My doc is going to try to save at least one of my ovaries because of my age, but I'm torn about this. I have a history of cysts on both ovaries. I have a fear that losing both ovaries will ruin my sex drive, which I DO NOT want to lose (my husband certainly is supportive, but he'd rather that not go as well) but I don't want another surgery if it would just be better to get them both out now.
I am a former surgical tech, so I know how the surgery and anesthesia will go, no problems there, just really confused about the ovaries. I've heard many conflicting comments about having the ovaries removed and sex drive. I suppose what it boils down to is that everyone is different and I will get no definitive answer that will give me any relief. I'll just have to trust that what my doc does is best for me and pray that it all goes well. She is a wonderful doc and I trust her opinion completely. Having worked with her prior to having my children and seeing what kind of doctor she is has been very helpful, but I'm just nervous. If anyone out there has a story to share with me about life after removal of both ovaries, I would really appreciate the info.! Thanks so much in advance and have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Re: Surgery Aug. 9th. A little nervous.

Hey my surgery is the 11th also. I am so nervous and anxious. I am 32 amd i have 4 kids, 14, 12, 3, and my baby will be 1 on the 17th.
Unread 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Re: Surgery Aug. 9th. A little nervous.

Hi!
I'm going to try to hang on to one of mine, but I've had 2 people say "GET THEM BOTH OUT!!" to me also, and it did the same thing, confuse me. They both said things about having more surgeries later (why would I if it's healthy?!) etc.
So, I hear ya. : ) Welcome!!!! There is something more precious than words allow for to be surrounded with women who understand.
Nicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register