HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Pain 10 months after right ovary removal Pain 10 months after right ovary removal

Unread 08-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Pain 10 months after right ovary removal

HI, I had my appendix and my right ovary removed over a year, almost 2 years ago. The recovery took about 3 to 6 months. I still have a deep pain inside on the lower right side from time to time. At 10 months after surgery I was concerned about the pain as well, and had another CT scan, which showed all was well. However, I still get the pain from time to time, and I was wondering if any of you experience the pain when u have sex? I can hardly have sex anymore it hurts in the lower right side. Same pain as BEfore surgery, just a little duller, but quite annoying. I mean, I can have sex, but it kinda hurts, real uncomfortable, and then I have to wait another month or two to have sex again. I just wondered if anyone else has this problem. I also seem to get the pain cyclically as well, There are other times I dont have the pain at all. All in all, surgery today is a modern miracle, but !!!!! LOL my husband is quite tired of it all. so if anyone has had this trouble please let me know if anything helps
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Re: pain 2.5 months after oophorectomy

I had my right ovary out on 10/22/08. I had a large cyst growing on it and the dr removed the cyst, tube and ovary to try to prevent a reoccurance of pain. I came out of the hospital in pain and still have pain to this day. Almost one year since the surgery. I have been to two other dr's to find out the source of the pain. I have ovarian remnant syndrome. A cell/piece of my ovary was left behind during the surgery and it has regrown. I am currently on lupron and have had my last shot about a week ago. I am also riddled with "massive" adhesions according to my surgical reports so much that they couldn't see my left ovary when they went in to do the surgery on my right one. I am in a constant state of pain. Some days more intense than others (depending on my phyisical activity and fatigue levels). I have a constant dull pain and some days it spikes so bad that it takes my breath away. Have to stop what I am doing and practice lamaze breathing techniques until the pain passes. It has stripped me of anything and everything I use to be able to do not to mention the shot now has a 90yr old woman hidden inside the body of a 33yr old. I ache all the time, joints hurt, hips hurt and I swell up so much at night that my rings cut off my circulation. Will probably end up in surgery again but I am willing to do what it takes to get my 33yr old body and life back.
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Re: Pain 10 months after right ovary removal

I'm curious Gochoosy & endoals how do you feel now & what treatment you undergo. I had my removal of right ovary 2011 of June, I constantly have slight to severe pain on my right lower part abdomen depending on stress level & physical activity, if I had a long walk, and during menstruation, for sure the pain gets severe. the doctor made an ultrasound after 6 mos from surgery, but found none & told me that pain was just the normal healing of wounds. Now 2 1/2 years is over I again went to doctor with the same complain & had my ultrasound, the Dr. did not find anything and said the pain is caused by incisions & it is normal healing pain & psychological. (but i know it wasn't) so i go for second opinion & requested a whole abdomen ultrasound -and there found about 2.3cm cyst seen in the right lower abdomen part - tomorrow i will get the result/complete impression/diagnosis.
Im just wondering how & where the cyst will grow since i have my right ovary already removed.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.