Hello Aloha21! I don't know what questions you've read already so I'm just going to throw out what I asked.
* Will there be a bowel prep? If so, when do I start it? You need to know this in case it's liquid or pills that you have to start the day before, you need to know if you will be home preparing or not.
* I requested anti-nausea and pain medication to be given BEFORE I came out of surgery. I am known to wake up sick and in pain, that is not necessary, they can give you the meds ahead of time so you wake up groggy, not sick and hurting.
* What position will I be in for surgery? I have a bad lower back and wanted to know if I was going to be in a world of hurt there too.
* I am having a TLH so I had concerns about my bladder and pelvic floor. So I asked her how she takes care of the support. My doc sutures the ligaments to support it once the uterus has been removed.
* How long in the hospital?
* How soon will you have me up and around?
* General anesthesia with an epidural for pain help or no? Mine said no, wants you up that evening and usually can't get up until the next day with epidural.
* How long until I can drive?
* When are the follow-up appointments and how many?
* I am keeping my ovaries so I asked her if they shut down for awhile after surgery and they give me too much trouble, would she give me hormones to get me by until they wake up again?
* How long until I can have sex?
* How long off of work, what if I need longer?
* What medicines will I be given for at home? This is the time to go over any medicines that haven't agreed with you in the past. I will probably have narcotics while in the hospital but I want off of them ASAP because I don't like how they make me feel and they are constipating. Mine is going to give me Toradol for home. It is an anti-inflammatory and is not narcotic.
Good luck to you!