HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Shooting Pains Down My Legs??? Shooting Pains Down My Legs???

Unread 10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Shooting Pains Down My Legs???

Hi,
I had a LAVH, cystocele and rectocele repair almost three weeks ago. I had three days of Vicodin. Last weekend I developed a UTI...never had one before, wow, does that hurt....and was given Cipro and five days worth of Tramadol. So now I have had no pain meds for three days.
Suddenly, I have these shooting pains down my butt and legs. I mean, they really hurt! I also feel a little in my vagina, probably from the stitches, but this is the kind of pain where I just can't find a comfortable position. My DH has tried rubbing me, but my skin is all crawly, and he does more harm than good.

I saw an old post about this, but just wanted to get a reply....I have nothing but ibuprofen. Is this fairly normal? I went for a walk today and sat on a stone bench for a little while, could I have pulled something and not felt it until a few hours later? And why do these things always happen at night, when the pharmacy and doctors' offices are closed? :0
Bridget
Unread 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Re: Shooting Pains Down My Legs???

Bridget--

I am sorry you are having such pain. So many different things could be happening. You really need to talk with your doctor. Did your doctor say how s/he did the repairs of the cystocele and rectocele? Were you in position for surgery a long time? Could you be having any reaction to the stitches? Was any sling material used in the repairs? Could you have a UTI again/still? And yes, it could be possible to overdo some activity and set recovery back a bit also. There is no way any of us could know what went on with any one specific person, of course. All of the above are possibilities (and I'm sure there could be more).

The best possible thing to do is contact your own healthcare provider and see what s/he says. Bring up all the worries/possibilities that concern you and even go in and get checked if that's what you need.

Sending you extra good vibes......... and +++ thoughts....Let us know how things go.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway