HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

8 weeks LAVH... 8 weeks LAVH...

Unread 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
8 weeks LAVH...

It has been 8 weeks since I had my LAVH, (kept my overies.)
I have been pretty blessed with healing well and minimal pain. I haven't had any bleeding since the day I left the hospital. I had my post-op with my Doctor at 3 weeks...and he said I should only come back again if I had pevic pain...He said I was healing good inside, and that at 6 weeks I could start resuming my normal activities slowly. Of course I've had a few 'Oopsies' here and there along the way like bending wrong or moving wrong, or jumping to catch something that was falling, and worried that I may have hurt something inside because I slipped. I have tried to be good and not do anything that I wasnt supposed to the first 6 weeks. I still feel little aches off and on down on my right side and sometime on the left side. Also right around my belly button it feels like something is pulling in there sometimes. Once in a while my hips and my back will ache also. I have been doing some light house work, and I do walk around the house during the day a lot. But, I rest a lot too. I went grocery shopping this past weekend (the first time in 7 weeks). I have been trying to be careful not to lift anything too heavy yet. Mostly I just get a little achey and really tired at the end of a busy day. I babysat two smaller babies a few times recently. They each weigh only 11#. I did carry them around some. Today I had a pretty good 'piercing pain' in my lower right side. It only lasted a few seconds...but it was more than Ive had before. That kind of scared me. Could it just be my overies doing things inside? or is it muscles stretching? Could I have hurt something inside and not know it? I see so many posts of things that make these types of aches and pains. Then, I've read about the adhesions that could form in there. I am worried about those now too. Thanks to whoever answers this.
Unread 10-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Re: 8 weeks LAVH...

Hi amma,That's great your doing so well.I'm only 4wks TLH/RSO!The pain could be ovulation,or just muscle pain.We go so long not using the muscles in the abdominal area,when we do ouch!Like a pulled muscle.I would try easy stretches and heat.that's what I posted for another sister on here. I'm not a doctor but I have fibromyalgia,myofascial pain syndrome.Muscles can cause refered pain,which is pain going to different areas. I still have right side hip pain another sister told me about the psoas muscle. If it gets tight it can cause back and pelvic pain.I hope your pain resolves.Take care and still be careful!Karen
Unread 10-07-2009, 10:00 PM

It sounds like you are taking it pretty easy & aware of what you are doing. It really does take months until you will realize that you don't feel those pains. It is most likely just healing going on. I had the same type of pains coming & going & then they were just gone. Happy healing.
Unread 10-07-2009, 11:20 PM

Could be ovulation, could be a pulling that will cause adhesions you won't know about til the future. Just go easy on the lifting especially.
Unread 10-08-2009, 08:36 AM

Thank you so much for your replies Klynne, Seabutterfly1 and Reliefseeker. I am trying so hard to take it easy yet as I heal. I get worried if I slip up sometime, not meaning to. I just always worry about messing something up inside. The little pierces I have felt have been on either the lower left or right side. It has only happened maybe twice. The first time I felt them I had three little consecutive pierces one night in bed about 2 weeks ago...and then the one big one on the right side yesterday. I didnt know that the overies would cause such pains. I am not hurting today. Just sore in my lower belly. I am resting today with a heating pad. I am so thankful for this site and all the women on here who help with each others questions. My Doctor didnt tell me a whole lot. I had to find most of this on my own. I pray blessings for all of you.
Love and Hugs to everyone!!
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:16 AM

My doc. didn't tell me a whole lot either. I learned a lot from this site (the boards and the checkpoints that can be e-mailed to you.) The pains you describe sound pretty common, and if you're already being careful, then it sounds okay (not a doc. here.) :-)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.