HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Feeling of Heaviness in the Vagina Feeling of Heaviness in the Vagina

Unread 10-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Feeling of Heaviness in the Vagina

Hiya - has anyone out there had a really "heavy" feeling down there - as if you are carrying an ostrich egg. This may sound bizarre but feel as if everything is "south bound". Have had a couple of urine infections (2 lots of antibiotics)and my post op examination at the hospital is 2 weeks away (I am 4 weeks post op) ! Also if anyone can help me about this but do they usually give you a thorough internal examination at this appointment.

Thankyou so much as always X
Unread 10-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Re: Feeling of Heaviness in the Vagina

Hi Tumble I had my post op appointment at week 4. And she took a look up inside, then did the old feel up inside while pushing on your stomach thing. Should have asked why, after all, she can't feel a uterus in there anymore, but guess she was checking ovaries and perhaps the top of the cuff.

I know what you mean about feels like you're sitting on an egg. This morning, after writing my post about how it looks ugly down there, it feels like somethings sitting there. I did do a lot of driving yesterday, so I'm hoping things are just swollen, but I'll be putting a call in on Monday just to be sure.

If it worries you call the Dr and see if they can take a quick peek if nothing else.
Unread 10-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Ok,i feel that alot,what is it?its very uncomfortable
Unread 10-10-2009, 07:01 AM

Thank you for your replies. I guess if it continues will contact dr. Feel as if I have been such a nuisance with my dr (hope they dont black list me !!!!) apart from water infections, my stitches have split and gone septic twice - but if it carries on will definitely make an appt.

Take care x
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM

Thank your for asking this there are days I feel like it is going to fall out. I am 7 weeks post surgery and I still feel like it. When does this feeling go away?
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:40 PM

I am 6.5 weeks post op and today I feel like my vagina is all swollen too. I feel like something is in there. I dont even know what I am suppossed to look like down there! I mean how do you know if your vaginal walls might have collapsed? Sorry to be graphic, but if you look down there, isn't the opening kind of filled up with walls anyways (I mean you cant see an actual hole that goes up you?) - I know TMI...but since I feel swollen, and feel like something is up there I am a little worried. I just had my post op last week and he said everything was fine..I am going back to the Dr tomorrow so he can check.

Can you have walls collapse 6 weeks after surgery? Yikes, when will this ever end?
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:55 PM

I am so there with you girls! I told my at my two week post op, that I felt like i had a BIG cramp in my vagina- I asked if that was the "cuff" and he said "yes". I also asked him if he had tightened everything up in there because I sure didn't want anything falling out later. I sympathize because the only relief I really feel is when I'm reclining or sleeping. It's not like I'm in any real pain, just feels like a leg cramp (only in a very inconvenient place).
Unread 11-10-2009, 06:57 PM

I'm two years out from my hysterectomy. I also had that heavy, somethings coming out feeling in my vagina. After having read too many posts about vaginal vault prolapse, bladders dropping etc., I convinced myself that these conditions were happening to me....scared the dickens out of myself. In the end it was just surgery related swelling...I can't recall exactly how long it took, but it was at least several months before I was no longer aware of the "feeling". By all means mention it at your exams, or even ask for an earlier exam if you're convinced something is wrong, but I think it will turn out to be just a normal side effect of surgery for all of you. Rose
Unread 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM

I'm almost 7 weeks post op TAH with bladder knick and I feel like the remaining organs in there are going to fall straight out of my vagina when walking .....also alot of pain and swelling too. Very uncomfortable!! UG, just want to feel normal again! Glad to hear I am not the only one. My Dr. looked at me like I was nuts for all the above feelings at 7 weeks. I Know I am not imagining all of this......
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:57 PM

I am 7 weeks post op from radical hys. with thinning the wall of my bladder. I feel that heaviness down there too and feel pressure when i have to pee. Doesn't feel like my bladder is emptying all the way because my stomach is still numb in that area. I worry about prolapse too after reading articles. I go back Feb for my first pap smear,am going to be so anxious that there is something wrong. It is pretty scary being diagnosed with cancer even when they tell you they got it all. I have no ovaries,cervix or uterus- what kind of cancer can i still get with nothing in there.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway