Pushing prolapsed uterus back in place (TMI and sex) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pushing prolapsed uterus back in place (TMI and sex) Pushing prolapsed uterus back in place (TMI and sex)

Unread 10-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Pushing prolapsed uterus back in place (TMI and sex)

Years ago, I had a prolapsed uterus with the cervix outside of the entrance, called the gyno and was told to push it up far enough to keep the cervix moist... I pushed it up much further and after going for my visit 3 days later, they said it was only mildly prolapsed, weren't really sure how I managed it, but it stayed this way for many many years....

Now I have total pelvic floor prolapse with large cystocele and rectocele at vaginal opening and the uterus right behind them... also urethrocele and enterocele... but not part of the blockade...

Since I'm going to have surgery on 12/3 and wait 6 weeks to have intercourse.... and since unable to have intercourse now due to crowding issues...(the uterus about an inch and a half from opening) ... I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to push the uterus back to allow room for the BF's welcome visitor...

I've tried the yoga, standing on your head position but to no avail (read that it works and willing to try anything)... and tried to push it up again as I had before, but it won't budge (last time it was effortless)... if I can't move it.... then I'm faced with 4 months of no intercourse!!! It wouldn't bother me if no SO in my life, but that isn't the case.... and the libido is in overdrive with outercourse just not enough.... and don't even know how successful we would be with the other prolapses... but willing to try

Any and all suggestions from anyone who was successful in pushing a prolapsed uterus back into place would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you so much,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Re: Pushing prolapsed uterus back in place (TMI and sex)

Just wanted to add that it's not the BF "pushing" the issue as I don't want this to become a blasting session...

He is truly wonderful... will wait as long as he needs to... and happy for that which we can do...

in fact, he's put up with a lot in this regard as I've always bled with sex .... I think he will be more concerned about trying if I can make room as he would be afraid to hurt me and we had to have much practice to make sure he wasn't hitting the cervix prior to the total prolapse...

I'm the impatient one... and will have to talk him into it once the road is cleared... and, yes, I've read info that it is not recommended to push it in place... but it worked before I thought the biggest obstacle would be squeezing between the other prolapses to reach and perhaps this is part of the problem???

also, afraid to let him try to plow through and perhaps move because it would involve pushing by way of the cervix ... ouch! I think this would be my last resort as I'm not masochistic... but really need to do something.... and if I thought it would work, yes, I'd bite the bullet ...

again, thank you.... Kathy
Unread 10-12-2009, 10:10 AM

Kathy...yes it's me again. (We are just all over this board ROFL)

My SO is also very understanding in this area and has been dealing with it really well considering. The crowding from the prolapses are an issue but can't tell you much about the prolapsed uterus. I wanted to offer some support and encouragement. I can't imagine having the uterus down there too. Our last attempt ended with me in tears, since I keep telling my DH that his co-operation in all this shows how much he loves me...

I would be worried about injuring something trying to push anything back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM

Nicole,

Thanks again for all of the support and encouragement.... you have been consistently there for me through this venture .... and it is greatly appreciated....

The only reason that I think it may work is that I can push on the celes without pain and thought that even though a tight squeeze, if it doesn't bother me, I know it won't bother him ... but I need to move the uterus one way or another...

Have a peaceful week as you approach your surgery,
Kathy
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:04 AM

update,

It can be done...

I got my AF visit again (right on time every 21 days) and wasn't going to go through misplaced tampons and the associated mess... so pushed the uterus up while upside down on my inversion board using just one anchored leg while doing kegels...

well, it didn't come down again... wish I could simply push the other prolapses away ... I also think a pelvic CT in order as very lumpy in there and I believe more prolapse issues than originally believed...

but success at least for now as room for a tampon and cervix at least six inches from vaginal entrance ... and it didn't hurt!!! I don't know if that is good or bad news as it seems no pain with pushing on any of the prolapses which I had to do to move the uterus even the cervix which had been sensitive in the past... another reason for the CT so I'll see my primary to order the abdominal (for kidney) and pelvic CT's until I can find another gyn... and apparently a new urogyn (pout)

In any case, just wanted to let you know it worked!
Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register