stomach swelling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stomach swelling stomach swelling

Unread 10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
stomach swelling

I had a total hysterectomy August 28 this year, and i am losing my mind. My stomach will not go down and it feels like i am carrying something extra. I hate it. Will my stomach ever go down or will it stay this way. I know they cut into muscle, what can i do about this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Re: stomach swelling

It will go down....have you tried the Swelly Belly Band? Women LOVE it. I'm at 8 weeks and now I'm fitting better into my jeans. I couldn't wear them even 2 weeks ago. For some it takes longer, some shorter. Hang in there!

Nicki
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Thanks Nicki, but it just seems so bad. Its so ugly now. Its like it just hangs there. Granted i didnt have a flat stomach before but it didn't look this bad and now i'm soo depressed. I actually hate myself. You think its still swollen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobeahayes View Post
It will go down....have you tried the Swelly Belly Band? Women LOVE it. I'm at 8 weeks and now I'm fitting better into my jeans. I couldn't wear them even 2 weeks ago. For some it takes longer, some shorter. Hang in there!

Nicki
no i haven't tried the swelly belly band but today i did order the other band that you wear under your clothes, since i am 6 weeks so i hope that helps. I am really depressed over this.
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM

It is called swell belly. It is just part of the healing process. It will go away. It just takes time. Mine was gone at the end of my 5th month even though they said it could last up to a year. It was a small price for me to pay to be out of pain. Hang in there.
Unread 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM

I am feeling the same way. Ugh, I have this belly that makes me look pregnant. There is no way I could fit into any of my jeans and I think now that is only because I am only 4 weeks post-op. I cannot wait to be able to put my pants back on. I have been living in stretch pants. I did get the swelly belly band and I must say it has helped so much. The support it gives you feels so good. I can't go out without it. I bless all of my sisters for being there for me through all of this. My TAH was on 9/16.09 and these days I am feeling more like myself except for the SWELLY BELLY and pooping out after a few hours. My love to everyone. God Bless !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register