HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Adenomyosis, late period, tubes tied? (pregnancy mentioned) Adenomyosis, late period, tubes tied? (pregnancy mentioned)

Unread 10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Adenomyosis, late period, tubes tied? (pregnancy mentioned)

***Don't read this if you are feeling sensitive about pregnancy, kids, etc.***

I have adeno, and I am waiting for a date for my hyst. In the meantime, it seems my symptoms are getting worse and worse over a very small amount of time. I have been having brutal cramps for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I was due for AF a week ago, and figured that was why I was cramping. I had a half a day of spotting about a week after my last AF ended.

My question is can adeno cause that much disruption to my cycle? I had my tubes tied in July. I'm panicking a little. A week late is a long time. (I am buying a PT tonight after my hubby gets home, and I have an appt with the OB in 2 weeks)
Unread 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Re: Adenomyosis, late period, tubes tied?

I don't know about the adenomyosis, but I do understand your concerns about the late period! I missed September's altogether, and now I am late for October's too. I had my tubes tied 11 years ago, and had an ablation a little over a year ago and I still was worried lol! I had a test done a few days ago and I'm not pregnant though so whew! :-)
I hope everything works out for you! hugs,
Nellii
Unread 10-19-2009, 01:58 PM

Kind preface, I didn't realize I had Adeno until after I decided to get rid of my big problem [uterus and cervix]. Finding out about my Adeno made since of all of the non prolapse issues.

In May & June only 2 weeks separated my periods then wonderful July... it lasted for 4 weeks. I knew this wasn't due to hormones [one Dr. told me after checking my hormones that I was a 'fertile myrtle' meaning that I could have children for another 10 years and I'm 50]. I couldn't see these erratic periods going on for that long before menopause. And my cervix wanted didn't want to stay home. lol I haven't been one to have real bad cramping, but the rest went down hill real quick.

After the pathology report I understand why I didn't have more pain. Most of my Adeno cells were on the inside of my uterus and less on the outside, explaining too, why the ablation didn't work.

I wouldn't be surprised if your symptoms were from the Adeno, I'm glad you're going in to your Gyn. Hang in there and glad you're with us to walk through your journey. *** Being informed is being empowered. ***
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Wow! Funny to see this post as I went through the same exact thing this month. Right before my yearly checkup. My AF was supposed to arrive on the 27th, nothing, then a little when I would wipe, then tiny amount of AF for two days and spotting ever since. (I just stopped yesterday) I had my pap and scheduled my LSH. Ever since, my symptoms seem to be racing. I have had bad cramping pains that at times I can't seem to relieve. I have no idea if I will get my period on the 27th again or not. I feel like I should wear protection everyday....you just never know.

Past attempts to fix the dreaded AF have been unsucessful. It started with a c-section and tubal in 01, bc pills that I bled through, periods for all but a week and a half, Endometrial Ablation in 2005. I was recommended for LSH in 2006 but have been putting it off......with these latest symptoms I feel like I am on a roller coaster, and I want off!!
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Re: Adenomyosis, late period, tubes tied? (pregnancy mentioned)

Thank you so much for posting, ladies.

Still no AF. I took a pregnancy test yesterday just to make sure. TG is was negative! I'm still cramping bad though, and I feel like when I DO get AF it's going to be like niagra falls! I'm so scared! And I totally agree, I have to wear protection every time I leave the house *just in case*. I wish the OB office would hurry up and get me a date for the surgery!
Unread 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM

Sounds like the symptoms I had, I could not wait for my date. Never knowing when AF would show up or how bad it would be but being in constant pain was horrible. I feel so much better now. Good luck to all of you!
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Hooray! It finally showed up! But BOO this hurts!!
Unread 10-22-2009, 07:47 AM

I had the same symptoms! I had an ablation, d&c & tubal. I still continued with the horrible cramps and even after the ablation I would spot here and there. Finally decided to have a TAH 2 weeks ago due to the pain and my CA125 blood test coming back high. Found out after surgery that I had adenomyosis behind my uterus that my gyno believes is why my pain was so bad. I am very happy that I chose to have this done I am recovering well!!
I hope your experience is as good as mine!
Unread 01-06-2010, 10:51 AM

i had laparoscopic, hysteroscopy and d&c done in sept 2009..doc wanted to make sure i didn't have endometriosis..i had 2 cysts on my right ovary and just one fibroid and no endo..still the pain keeps happening..once a month, every single month and 7-10 days before my period is "suppose" to start..i never know when i'm going to start anymore..i'm 31 and have 3 children..scheduled for a hysterectomy next month. the doc seems to think i may have adenomyosis..all i have read about it seems to be what it HAS to be..hoping so very much that this is what my problem is. good to know that other people are late because of this adenomyosis. is that right??
Unread 01-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Yes, it can increase quickly. I know for me it did. It was like all of a sudden the bleeding was non-stop and the pain was severe. I was given the ablation and never told that it COULD make it worse, and guess what it's MUCH worse now. I am in pain everyday, have to take percocet 10 every 4 hours and don't move off the sofa. My lower back is killing me. Adenomyosis really stinks!! (I would choose a stronger word, but being proper on here.)
I would not wait, but I have been in a holding pattern here since November. Technically this all began in August, but I got the ablation then. I am blown away that I have been suffering this long!! Today I am at the end of my rope honestly. If this doctor today at 3:45 who is my 3rd opinion doesn't get me into surgery quickly I fear I will lose my mind! I cannot live this way any longer! My OB (who I have come to loathe) of over 17 years referred me to another doctor and told me in November that she could do my surgery in one week and she could do da vinci and he could only do abdominal, so anyway she books me for surgery 5 weeks later!! I would try to get into as many doctor's as you can. I have another opinion set up for Jan 13th and haven't canceled the da vinci yet booked for the 20th. Today I am praying this doctor has a beating heart in his chest and does something quickly!! I have ZERO quality of life!!
I wish I had this done in August, but I was not informed of what could happen to me. I would tell any other woman with adenomyosis NOT to get an ablation, it only makes things worse. I have it pretty bad though.
Best Wishes
alicia

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.