Ok.. I had one vag birth 8 years ago, a MC with D&C 7 years ago and had paraguard IUD placed, removed the IUD to get PG with my 3 child, and birthed my 3rd child 2 years ago. Again, I had a paraguard IUD placed because I really loved the first one I had. Then about a year after my 3rd child was born the problems started. My periods had been regular for almost a year then it's like my period started and pretty much never quit. The dr. left my IUD in and didn't think it was the problem, we tried Progesterone & BC to control the bleeding, but no success.
After that the Dr. wanted to remove my IUD to see if that would stop the pain and bleeding.
I said no, not with out a tubal. (soo done with having babies!) The dr. then decided that as long as I wanted a tubal & I'm in surgery anyway, we should go ahead and do the following-
tubal, IUD Removal, D&C, Hysterscopy, and Ablation.
Then if that doesn't fix things then we could do a hystrectomy.
Soooooo I had the laundry list done about a week and 1/2 ago. No bleeding since then, but I still have terrible cramps. Not worse than the cramps I had before the proceedure.
Sooo My question After all this wild rambling is... How did your dr. diagnose what was wrong with you????
I mean.. Mine seems to be taking a shot in the dark. My symptoms dont really seem to fit into any one particular catagory. Perhaps I have Aendo? IDK.. If so.. From what I read I probably waisted $$$ on the ablation. BUT I rationalize that buy not having to go back and do that later & figured they might as well do that JIC so see if it would help
My dr. has pretty told that if this didn't fix it my only other alternative is hysterectomy or live with it.
I think it would help me make a decision if I knew what the problem was instead of - "Abnormal uterine bleeding" .
& No... I'm not really worried about "loosing my organs" per say. I just REALLY can't afford to be off my feet for several weeks- I got two kids & a full time job.
Oh... & If I have the hyst I will get rid of my ovararies too cause I watched my Grandmother die of ovarian cancer. Ya.. the homoes would be nice, but if I'm going to have a hyst and major down time I want no worries for the rest of my life. KWIM?
Oh... I know this is a long ramble, but I had to get all my thoughts out!!!! & I know I should prolly just sit tight and discuss all my concerns with my dr. at my follow up apt. on Nov. 3rd... but heck. I'm impatient! & My tummy cramps make me worry that the ablation and stuff didn't work & that I'm facing having to do a hyst. Ugg! & if I had some sort of diagnosis then maybe I could alleviate my fears of future hyst. or I could go ahead and start planning to save my vacation days.