HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Found Lump in my armpit Found Lump in my armpit

Unread 10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Found Lump in my armpit

So a few months ago I found a lump in my left armpit area. Well I ignored it and ignored it until it started bothering me.

Recently thought it might be a swollen lymph node because we have been sick on and off. But colds went away and lump is still there.

So since being laid off I now have time to get it check out( I know bad me). Saw my doctor 3 weeks ago and he felt the lump and decided to get a Mammogram and Ultra Sound done(which is scheduled for this Thursday).

I had my Hysterectomy in Feb. of this year. Could this just be a coincidence?

I bet it is just nothing but I need to know.

Any insights? The doc said it is bigger than a pea but smaller than a grape.

sorry for all the rambling. Just so nervous to get this done and over with.( I am only 28, didnt think I should be going thru this this young).
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Re: Found Lump in my armpit

My Mom had that happen and it was a cyst that had to be lanced. Not real bad process (quick and in the dr office) and she healed fast. They thought it might be serious, at first. But that's all it was.

With any luck your's will be a similar story!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it goes.
Unread 10-20-2009, 11:55 PM

foxglove,

I have had lumps off and on for more than 13 years. The first time I had one the DR did a needle aspiration and it was just a cyst. The next one, an ultrasound showed it was a cyst and it eventually went away on its own. I currently have a couple in one breast and I had a mammogram that was normal. I can feel that these lumps move like all the others did that were cysts. My understanding is that most breast lumps turn out to be cysts.
Sending BEST WISHES and BIG
Linda
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Thanks ladies!!! I just want it to be nothing serious! Do not want any more stuff to happen.
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM

So got a call from Radiology. They said that I am no longer getting a Mammogram. Just the ultrasound..... hmmm weird!
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Ultrasound is still effective. I had them do one for me a few years ago. They said they sometimes do those to reduce the amount of radiation you're breasts are exposed to.

It's a little odd feeling to have someone pushing all over your breast. But I've heard mammograms smoosh you and can hurt, at least ultrasounds don't do that.
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:52 PM

That is true!! Thanks for that. Just would like all this to be over with!
Unread 10-21-2009, 04:11 PM

I have a plum sized lump in one armpit and a grape sized lump in the other. For years I thought it was cancer...when I finally worked up the nerve to find out and got referred to an oncologist, it was axillary breast tissue! I was so embarrassed and so relieved.

Apparently it's pretty common. Some women actually have issues with milk production in the accessory breast tissue...I am sorry to say that this was an issue with me. I would pay very good money to get rid of the thing!!
Unread 10-21-2009, 04:19 PM

I had one in my armpit one week after my hysterectomy. I get them sometimes after taking an meds for infections. It feels like a golf ball and hurts like a pimple. then it goes away....thought I was the only one...
Unread 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Red face - Found Lump in my armpit Re: Found Lump in my armpit

Hello all,
2 weeks ago I had an TAH. Then I found out I have 2 lumps in my breast. I have a family history of cyst. The radiologist gave me a scare because he said it looked cancerous. Next week I go for a biopsy..Kind of scared. Trying to be strong for everyone else. Glad to have this support.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.