HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

My vagina hurts! My vagina hurts!

Unread 09-20-2001, 06:45 PM
My vagina hurts!

Hey all. I went to the doctor today because of heavy bleeding. He looked inside and then put something on a few stitches that broke off. He told me that I would have a weird looking discharge but that was about it. I don't have to visit again until 6-months.

I did however call and talk to the nurse today. About an hour after being home, when I would go tee-tee it would burn. Also my vagina hurts. Hurts to sit, walk, and wipe. She said that I maybe getting a bladder infection and to drink some cranberry juice (I have to say I am almost cranberried out). She said I was probably sore from him being inside there.

Anyone else have this or had this? I know it has only been a week so of course it should hurt but man it kills.
Unread 09-20-2001, 08:05 PM
My vagina hurts!

Nicole, chances are that your doctor treated you with silver nitrate to stop the bleeding and heal that stitches. If hat was the case, you may be sore for a few days. Please call your doctor, ask him EXCATLY what he did to you during the visit and what side affects can be expected. Please keep us posted on your recovery.

Rita
Unread 09-20-2001, 08:08 PM
Rita

That is what he used. I am guessing that causes me to be sore?
Unread 09-20-2001, 08:16 PM
My vagina hurts!

Nicole, I, myself never needed to be treated with silver nitrate, but from reading several post here from ladies who have had it done, it can be painful.

Feel better soon,
Rita
Unread 09-21-2001, 01:30 PM
My vagina hurts!

Coley, I have had the silver nitrate applied twice and going back for maybe a third application. It was so painful to sit or walk. I hurt for a couple of days after the application. I'm hoping this one will be the last. I'm three months out of my lavh, I thought this happened sooner. Hope you feel better soon.

jonna
lavh june 11, 2001
endo, pcos, and cyst on right ovary
kept left ovary
Unread 09-21-2001, 01:37 PM
My vagina hurts!

jonna,

Oh girl I feel for you. It hurts pretty badly. I think it is finally getting out of the "hurt" stage but man even to walk it did hurt down there. I thought I was going nuts.

Please get better!

Nicole

Quote:
Originally posted by jonna
Coley, I have had the silver nitrate applied twice and going back for maybe a third application. It was so painful to sit or walk. I hurt for a couple of days after the application. I'm hoping this one will be the last. I'm three months out of my lavh, I thought this happened sooner. Hope you feel better soon.

jonna
lavh june 11, 2001
endo, pcos, and cyst on right ovary
kept left ovary
Unread 09-21-2001, 02:44 PM
Buy my surgery was abdominally....

Nicole, I am glad you asked that question!

I am 1 week post op today, and yesterday started noticing that my vagina was sore also. Really just an ache, like you know when your getting the flu, and your bones hurt!!!

I've not had any vaginal bleeding at all :jumping:, and had my staples removed Tuesday. So far haven't seen any stitches come out. So what gives?

I know they had to separate my bladder from my uterus before removing the uterus, cuz they had both fussed together by scar tissue...could that be it?

Please let me know if anyone else has had this aching feeling with a TAH...thanks!
Unread 09-21-2001, 03:07 PM
My vagina hurts!

At my 2 week TAH post op exam my Dr. did an internal exam and used the speculum for the examination. For almost one week after my exam it felt almost like my vagina was swollen and the former location of my cervix throbbed occasionally. I also had increased my activity by sitting much more than I lay down. This awareness of my vagina, which increased as the day went by, gradually subsided.
Unread 09-21-2001, 03:23 PM
My vagina hurts!

It sounds like silver nitrate to me too but I've never experienced it myself. Have you tried applying ice? This helped me after surgery. Also, when my sister had a large episiotomy, they gave her Dermaplast to put on the stitches. Has anyone else used that?

GOOD LUCK!!!
Unread 09-21-2001, 05:02 PM
vaginal pain

Hi Ladies!
I am 1 week post-op today (TVH with ant.@ post. repair).
I feel like I have given birth to triplets!!! In sheer despiration;
I got a maxi pad; slit one end open, and (please don't laugh), I inserted a frozen burrito in the pad and sat on it!!! It was kinda hard, but the cold felt soooooo good. I don't suggest doing this (even though my MD thought it was a great idea when I told her), unless your MD thinks otherwise. The cold helps with the pain and swelling due to stitch-work. Any other suggestions???

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.