The COST of UFE? | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The COST of UFE? The COST of UFE?

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
The COST of UFE?

anyone who had this procedure can tell me the total cost? i'm trying to figure out what insurance plan to pick for the coming year....thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Re: The COST of UFE?

had this done in march 2008 cost was 10,000 dollars plus another 1,000 for the IR consult. I Just saw this I hope I did not answer to late also some insurance companys make you get permission ahaed of time for this proceedure so that is something to consider too.
Good luck.
Lise
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:45 AM

thanks for the info...i'm waiting to hear back after having an mri last week - to see if i'm a candidate for this procedure. were you happy with the results?
I would love to hear your story....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2009, 08:12 PM

Yes and no I think I was a success in that it stopped my bleeding and the sudden pressure on my bladder that I had. I'm had clots the size of my fist. They were comming out all day and night all this happened very quickly for me within months.
I had a 6 month period I went from having normal periods to flooding and changing heavy pads out every fifteen minute to half hour. Sometimes I would put one heavy pad on walk out of the bathroom only to walk right back in due to flooding the pad and my clothes.
I also had sudden onset of needing to urinate every 15 minutes that was very hard to deal with.
I thought the proceedure was very easy I had basic cramps like a heavier period I would recomend you use the pain pump on a regular basis and you should be fine.
I had had massive bleeding afterwards it made my flooding look like a light period this went on about 5 days. I do not think that is the normal for most women. Then it slowed to a heavy period with very small clots then just a moderate one by month two nothing. I used advil when I got home I did not need the stong meds at all.

It has been 8 1/2 months out and I have only had two periods so far. Here is the good part one small period after the bleeding stopped from the proceedure it lasted 7 days but I used panty liners the whole time! then nothing for months.
Now I am still trying to stop my 2nd period and it has been non stop since october 3 so I am not sure what is going on.
I'm seeing my obgyn in a few days to see if there is a problem fibroid breaking down as one was a submucosal fibroid they like to migrate to the inside of the uterus as they shrink and cause bleeding again.
Right now it has subsided to just spotting but still I have to say I am still very happy.
Not one clot no heavy bleeding it has been a pain to bleed this long but it is very managable until I see my obgyn.

I have heard this happens to other women sometimes. There is a emobolization group on yahoo that is very good and I went there to see what other women went through. I highly recomend that sight for UFE information everyone has a different experience. There is also a group I stumbled upon called uterine fibroids for geeks. My fibroids were not even that big. 4.5 cm was the biggest one. Hope this information helps.
Best Regards,
Lise

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register