HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

abdominal pain, spotting 3 mos post LSH abdominal pain, spotting 3 mos post LSH

Unread 11-20-2009, 05:01 PM
abdominal pain, spotting 3 mos post LSH

I had my surgery (LSH and BSO) 3 months ago and initially I had a lot of problems with pain, especially on right side. The doc determined this to be "normal healing pain". Eventually things started to be much better. 6 wk post op went fine, at that point was still having some pain on right side but it was at a tolerable level.
Recently I started noticing that the pain on the right side started increasing again and at times it's pretty bad. Sometimes the skin on that side even hurts as well as the hip bone. I have also had constant "cramps" ( no uterus...how do I have cramps?) and a sort of heavy feeling in my lower abdomen. Now, I have been spotting for about three weeks straight.
I have heard that if the cervix is left, that there can be mini periods, but I thought that was if there were still ovaries....
Has anyone experienced anything like this? I am seeing my doctor next week. Although my guess is that he will, as always, tell me that it's part of the healing process. I just dont understand why there would be increasing pain at this point and also, the spotting. I have noticed that the more pain I am feeling, the more spotting I have.
Sure hope this isn't "just the way it is".....I was really hoping to be pain free after all this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 11-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Re: abdominal pain, spotting 3 mos post LSH

It sounds like you shouldn't be having pains and that you need to talk to a doctor who will listen and hear you. It doesn't seem right to me tha tyou should still be in pain. If your gyn isn't listening, do you think your primary care physician will? I wish you the best in getting this resolved, but I think you are going to have to put your foot down and demand that your doctor gives you a better answer. It does not sound normal to me, especially since you had surgery in August.

Good luck sweetie and keep us updated on your progress with this. God Bless!

Unread 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Re: abdominal pain, spotting 3 mos post LSH

I still get pain when I lift heavy stuff or exert myself heavily, and I have some discharge that also increases during that time. Is your spotting bloody? Have you increased your level of activity? Not that I think you should have pain at this point either -- you shouldn't, but some of us do. I would go ahead and bug the doctor, even if you do get the same old answer. Maybe see someone else as well? Good luck.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.