HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

stabbing pain and lower back pain after TVT sling A&P repair stabbing pain and lower back pain after TVT sling A&P repair

Unread 12-08-2009, 04:45 PM
stabbing pain and lower back pain after TVT sling A&P repair

I had my A&P repair with TVT sling on November 18. I am getting sharp stabbing like pains in my vagina, normal? Also, my lower back pain is getting worse, hurts at my tailbone also, normal? What about discharge... I am not bleeding but still have discharge, how long will this last?
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Re: stabbing pain and lower back pain after TVT sling A&P repair

I have the same. I had my surgery a month before yours and am 8 weeks out. The persistent pain lasted for many many weeks and my doc said it was normal for me since the repairs was so extensive. I couldn't sit for 5 weeks and would have incredible lower back/pelvis pain with any amount of standing etc and had to switch positions often. Driving made it alot worse so I was told to stop until next week. The stitches don't start dissolving until week 6-8 and can take several months to all dissolve.

The worst of the discharge was until about week 6 but I still wear a liner since I still have a slight amount.

I started work for half days today and only stayed 3 hours because of stabbing pains in the vagina that made a sudden onset.

My doc said I will feel myself by 12 weeks. Hope this helps a little. I have several other posts/replies on here with a lot more detail of my experience.

Take it easy.
Unread 12-09-2009, 01:07 AM

I had my surgery Nov. 24 and still have discharge. Also seem to be passing small pieces of tissue. Hope this is normal. If I stay on the sofa I don't feel too bad but I do have abdominal pain if I push it too much. Good luck to you and keep me posted.
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:33 AM

Thanks, I figure it was normal. The back pain is just getting worse, trying to not take the pain pills because of constipation issues.
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Hi Guys,I am 9 wks out from TOT surgery,still trying not to overdo it,I find when I overdo housework and such,I'm in a good amount of pain afterwards.I use heating pad for back and lower pelvic pain,and now I'm having terrible night sweats/hot flashes,really yucky feeling,I had been taking black cohosh for this,but discontinued B4 surgery,silly me, here I thought all this had gone away,anyone have any other remedies for this annoying feeling?Thanks and Take care.
Unread 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM

I noticed a few hot flashes, wonder if that is because they disturbed your ovaries, I still have them.
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:24 AM

I went to the gyn yesterday, healing good. Thank goodness no internal exam BUT just the little probing he did HURT!! All the aches and pains are normal as well as the discharge. I did have a few stitches in the perineum area separate, which is why I have burning pain. At this point he just wants it to heal on its own. If I start to run fever or the pain becomes unbearable to give him a call and he will recheck it.
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. I have had very few aches/pains the last few days, but I don't seem to have much stamina. A little shopping and I'm ready for a nap by 3:00. This whole experience reminds me of what you have after you have a baby. The discharge bit....yech. I guess it is a good indicator of whether or not you are pushing it too hard. Best of luck for a continuing recovery!!
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:45 PM

I took 450 mg. of Vitex (chasteberry) and it worked well.
Unread 12-13-2009, 06:37 AM

I have noticed that the more I do, the more the discharge. We went Christmas shopping last night, only walked for about an hour, and there was a lot more discharge and I was very sore.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.