HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

partial hysterectomy at young age? partial hysterectomy at young age?

Unread 12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
partial hysterectomy at young age?

I was just wondering how common it is for women to have hysterectomy's at young ages.
I myself will be 24 next month.
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Re: partial hysterectomy at young age?

Hi Vicky, I am 28 and just had mine done on Dec. 1st.
Unread 12-13-2009, 02:23 PM

I was just wondering how you felt about it. I mean I know I dont want to get pregnant or anything and I was hoping it would help take my pain away which it didnt but I still feel kinda funny about it. Is this a pretty common feeling?
Unread 12-13-2009, 03:16 PM

Well I have 2 kids and got my hysterectomy because I have PCOS and chronic pain plus my bladder, cervix and uterus had dropped a lot since having my last child. I think we are still in the healing process so its hard to say that it took away my pain or not. I am kind of sensitive about the whole idea that I will never have the chance to have another child ever... but it's a choice I made. I'm already on hormones and hopefully after I'm all healed up I will feel great~
Unread 12-13-2009, 05:24 PM

Hi! I am 29 and had a partial hysterectomy on Nov. 17th. I have one ovary, and so far it is doing well. I also have 2 children, but when the option is taken from you, it can be a little depressing. I do have to say that I don't regret it. I already feel so much better than I did before, though I still have some cramping pain. And to think of all the positive things we can look forward to: no birth control and no periods! That is enough to make me smile.
Unread 12-14-2009, 10:51 PM

Well I am having to still use depo due to pcos since the Dr seems to think that might slow down the cysts some. But as for having regrets I dont really and you know as crazy as this sounds; after I posted this I started doing alot of thinking about why I felt so strange about everything and even though the only answer I could come up with was I have just been in pain so long and even though I know I am still healing I am kinda disapointed to still be having some of my pre surgery issues but I got to talking to my husband and we have decided that since we obviously can not use the eggs any more and we know the pain of wanting a child and were lucky enough to be blessed with 3 we want to donate my eggs either to an individual or a clinic and I have submitted an application to a clinic in Chicago plus emailed two women who had posted an add on a egg donor type site and now we are just going to sit and wait but we figure if it is meant to happen it will and if it dont we have tried.
Has any of you ever donated your eggs or thought about it? I just have so many memories of sitting and crying b/c of the disapointment each month when my period would show up and the idea that I can possibly take that disapointment away from 1 or more women makes me feel fantastic. Sorry to ramble on and on I am just really excited and hope we do get a response letting us know someone is interested in my egg but I have promised my family not to get my hopes up since I figure me having the pcos and endo plus the hysterectomy will most likely scare people away.

But all in all I am feeling better about things now but I just wish the dang pain would go away.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.