HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Liver Hemangiomas & Estrodiol Liver Hemangiomas & Estrodiol

Unread 01-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Liver Hemangiomas & Estrodiol

Hey Girls....
Just found out I hv 4 benign hemangioma tumors (groups of blood veseels that really s/b somewhere else). Anyway data shows that they can be congenital or develop in rsvp to estrogen/estradiol which make them grow. In any event, now that I am on a perm. food source (since my total hys. 4/08) the ????? is what now?
=============
So, does anyone know about this.? If so, what did ur OB say about getting off estro. and what is a viable alternative so we dont go crazy.
=========
This exp. has been like the gift that keeps on giving. I dont think its ok to keep feeding these things whether they r benign or not. I dont want them to get larger obviously.
============
Apparently they r not uncommon and are usually found via CT Scan, US, when ur looking for something else.....
Thx
Unread 01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Re: Liver Hemangiomas & Estrodiol

(((justmoe))) I'm trying hard to understand your post... it would be easier if you could use whole words.

Liver hemangiomas are generally nothing to worry about. Many, many women get them, and their growth is encouraged by estrogen replacement, by pregnancy too. In the vast majority of cases they are not treated. However, if you are concerned, you might ask your DR about Tamoxifen... it has been shown to stop their growth, at least in mice.

If you'd prefer to just get off your HRT, you might want to browse through the threads in the no-hormone forum to see what sorts of things those ladies are trying.

s,
-Linda
Unread 01-17-2010, 10:02 PM

I had a liver hemangioma found and no one seems to be too concerned about it. Both my PCP and gyne are aware of it and don't see it as a problem. They don't even seem to see a need to watch it. I'm not worried about it.
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:02 PM

thank you for the feedback. but as far as i'm concerend. yes, benign trumps malignant anyday. however tumors on your liver arent healthy. and if estrogen is a permanent food source i would certainly prefer not to take it orally thereby filtering it thru liver.... seems to me either an oring or patch w/b at least reduce "exposure". but then thats just my opinion.....
Unread 01-23-2010, 12:22 AM

I have one or two myself. I almost got a liver biopsy b/c of it. In the end they said not to worry , they are not even watching them. Mine were found on a CT done for another reason.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway