Problems with bowels? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems with bowels? Problems with bowels?

Unread 06-05-2000, 07:55 AM
Problems with bowels?

Hi all, I had tah/bso last Aug. for endometrial cancer stage Ib grade II For the past couple of months I have been having mucus in my stools. I mentioned it to my primary care Dr. while I was there for a fractured finger. He want to do a sigmoidoscopy and was asking about my cancer. Well now I am a nervous wreck. Has anyone else had this? In May I had the hemocult test and there was no blood in the stool.I hate that I still get upset like this, does it ever go away? Thanks for your help! Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2000, 01:06 PM
Problems with bowels?

I think that once we have a scare then we always hold onto a little of it. I have not had any problems that you described, but I just wanted you to know that I will keep you in my prayers..take care!
Unread 06-05-2000, 03:53 PM
Problems with bowels?

Jan,
I had my TAH/BSO back in August, too, for stage IIIa endometrial adenocarcinoma. Prunes were my friends then, and still are - for keeping things running in the plumbing department.
Had a little scare in January - blood on the toilet tissue. It turned out to be a small hemorrhoid (how the heck do you spell that?) and I was told not to worry - keep eating my prunes, fresh veggies and fruits.
It's amazing how this whole adventure has caused such a focus on my bowels. Things are definitely not the same in that department as they were before surgery, but closer to normal - if I even remember what normal was.
I was pushing my oncology surgeon for a colonoscopy at my last appt. in March, but he said not yet. They got a very good look with the air contrast barium enema prior to surgery, and he took a good look while he was in there rooting around checking for any possible cancer dust bunnies.
Hang in there - by all means ask your doc if you're concerned...and go ahead with the sigmoidoscopy for your own peace of mind.
I don't think that nagging worry ever goes away...just gets less frequent as the months pass.
I'll be thinking of you...HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2000, 12:35 PM
Problems with bowels?

Thanks for the replies, Molly I remember reading your posts when I first found this site. I know you have had some problems along the way as well. I know this will probably turn out to be nothing, I'll just be glad when I get to the point where I can relax a little. There is such a point isn't there? Anyway I'll give the prunes a try! Thanks again!
Unread 06-06-2000, 05:36 PM
Problems with bowels?

I haven't had the bowels situation. I asked about some pains I was having last fall and got whisked into a colonoscopy (is that what you're having or a sigmoidoscopy?). I think it's natural to be scared each time, after all, at least for me, the idea of cancer jumped out of a broom closet at me after an intravaginal ultrasound for something else entirely. So every test seems to have that possibility. But I think that after every test you pass you feel a little more relaxed. I felt a lot better after the colonoscopy. I hope you will too. It seems the hemocult test would be a good sign.

We'll toast you with some Go-lytely the day before the test and keep you in our prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register