HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

will my surgery be cancelled due to another BLIZZARD???? will my surgery be cancelled due to another BLIZZARD????

Unread 02-08-2010, 05:44 AM
will my surgery be cancelled due to another BLIZZARD????

I'm scheduled for my TAH on Wednesday February 10th. The weather people are now calling for another blizzard starting Tuesday night into all day Wednesday another 12-24 inches of snow on top of the 2 feet we just got over the weekend!!!!...Do you think they will cancell my surgery? My sister in law is a nurse and told me they usually will cancell all "elective" surgeries. It took 6 weeks to even get a surgery date. I have been planning with my family for help and such with my 3 kids and there insane schedules, cancelled a trip to Florda ect.. I have been so anxious and nervous I felt I was finally prepared and now I might have to wait another 6 weeks!!!!! I totally lost it after watching the weather last night, I mean who gets hysterically crying after they call for snow? My husband thinks I'm crazy for worrying like but the thought of this is overwelming me....Any thoughts?
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Re: will my surgery be cancelled due to another BLIZZARD????

shoredays...I'm with you and totally understand. My surgery is also scheduled for Wednesday and I just can not postpone. I have my schedule worked out with my boss and another surgery already scheduled for May 5th. MY hubby and I were talking about getting hotel closer to the hospital onTuesday just so we would make it in. I'm going to call my doc's office later this morning and see what they say. I'm in MD and I believe they are calling for up to a foot here. Where are you? I wish you the best and hope this weather doesn't make you too crazy!
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:56 AM

My worst fear is that it will snow something wacky the day before my surgery or the day of. I told hubby I didn't care if it was a blizzard, I would drive 5 miles an hour to get to the hospital. (Which would take like 6 hours to get there!) I live in the snow belt in Ohio and right now we are under a winter storm watch. 6 to 10 inches by Wednesday night. Not near my surgery date yet for weather, but I totally understand where you are coming from. If they rescheduled mine it would be another four week wait I am sure. ((hugs))
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:17 AM

I just called the hospital to ask their policy. I was told They WILL NOT cancel my surgery. The important thing is that I get there and my doc gets there. Since my surgeon is chief of gyn onc surgery there I think it's a good bet he'll make it in. I really hope this means I won't get cancelled! His office is closed today, but I plan on calling them again in the AM just to be safe.
Unread 02-08-2010, 02:32 PM

I checked it out with my doctor and hospital...they are telling me I should not worry I will not get cancelled!...too late already worried!!!... but do feel a litttle better. Good luck in MD with your surgery and snow. I'm in NJ, but thinking about moving to Hawaii.... thanks girls!!
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:08 PM

Ah, my best friend is in OC, NJ...she was dx'd with Multiple Myeloma a year before my breast cancer dx. She's actually up in Hackensack to day for a check up.

Now they are calling for another 20 inches here tomorrow night!! I'm already getting anxious and this weather is really giving me a fit! I hope your surgery goes smoothly and on time!
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM

I totally understand your concerns about getting cancelled. This waiting is awful and to have to start the waiting process all over again would put me over the edge for sure!! I'm OK, snow wise, but I am so scared that I'm going to get sick. I work at a school so lots of germs running around there!!

Good luck, everyone!! ~~StarryNite
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Good luck to you too Starry!
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoredays View Post
I checked it out with my doctor and hospital...they are telling me I should not worry I will not get cancelled!...too late already worried!!!... but do feel a litttle better. Good luck in MD with your surgery and snow. I'm in NJ, but thinking about moving to Hawaii.... thanks girls!!

(((Sister))) I understand exactly how you feel! You get yourself all mentally ready for surgery, and you want it over with already! Not only that, but you've prepared your support system, who have in turn taken days off, planned visits, etc. based on your date. Who wants to call everyone and tell them plans have changed?

But of course, things happen. Weather is beyond everyone's control... as you and I both obviously know. Sending a and hoping that all goes as scheduled for you!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.