What is this horrible new pain? Feels bruised! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is this horrible new pain? Feels bruised! What is this horrible new pain? Feels bruised!

Unread 02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
What is this horrible new pain? Feels bruised!

I woke up this morning with this horrible pain in the belly. Seems to be below the belly button and to the left and inch or two. Maybe between the belly button and left incision site.

It feels like I am bruised sooo bad there. It's weirding me out since it's not on the incision site but over a lot more.

If I just rub my hand lightly over the top of my skin on the belly I will jump when I hit it. It's that sore. But like a bruising, not a sharp pain or anything. A really bad bruised feeling.

For the first time, I walk today and feel my belly move around when I walk and I can feel this bruised spot when I move and walk, too and it is really, really sore. I don't even want to get up and move or walk today because it hurts to do because that bruised spot is really uncomfortable when I walk.

I figured as swelling went down I would start feeling new things but I don't know if this is something it expect. Has anyone else had new bruising feelings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Re: What is this horrible new pain? Feels bruised!

I too have felt this sort of pain. It's almost like your skin is waking up after it's been asleep for a while and it's really sensitive to the lightest touch.

I have the same sensation at the top of my left thigh. I asked my DR about the feeling of my thigh being asleep/numb and he said it is a result of the instruments that were used during surgery to widen the incision. He told me that it will 'waken' over time. I believe it's the same for the nerves around the incision as well.

Hope this helps!
Unread 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Yeah, thanks. That does help. I was hoping nothing was wrong. I am glad I have pain meds left because this is so uncomfortable I took one today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2010, 03:16 PM

That makes me feel better too! I took pain meds for this painful sensation to sleep last night and when I woke up this morning.

I was feeling like I shouldn't need to take them anymore, but I was not comfortable sleeping. Today, I slept in and have been in the recliner every since!

Have a great evening!
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Yes, I was hoping I would be completely off pain meds now, too. I quit taking them the first week but I am so glad I did now or I wouldn't have anything to take right now. I felt the same way taking meds again, but this is soooo very sore. It helps sooo much to have something to take. They should warn you about this and to save some pills for it! I don't want to move. It hurts.
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Trayne..... I have experience the EXACT same thing today. I actually fell last night and was scared that it was from that, but when I fell I landed on my bottom. I am so sorry that you are going through this too, but it does make me feel somewhat "normal"... well ok, maybe "normal" is a stretch, lol.

I have been feeling my insides move around for 2 days. If I shift from my back to side in bed I feel it, and if I get up and walk around I can feel the shift. Its the STRANGEST thing ever.

I can say through all of this the pain has not been directly on any of the incisions (except when i grabbed my belly button last night in the shower, UGHHHH). The body is sooooooo strange isnt it?!
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM

I still have that too. It's on my right side. Hurts like crazy. I thought I'd be off the big pain meds, but some days I still need them. *sigh*

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register