HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

back and pelvic pain continues 9 months after hysterectomy back and pelvic pain continues 9 months after hysterectomy

Unread 02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
back and pelvic pain continues 9 months after hysterectomy

Hello again ladies,

I had my hystrectomy nine months ago. for about a month to six weeks afterwards by back was pain free, then it started up again. Now it is worse than ever with abdominal pain to go with it. I also have some light bleeding after sex, which has gotten painful as well. I am making an appointment to see my dr in March. Any ideas?
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Re: back and pelvic pain continues 9 months after hysterectomy

I had pink spotting and cramping, some back pain after my hyst. I ended up having a vaginal cuff that was not fully healed. The doctor had to treat it for it finally to heal.

Unread 02-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Hello everybody,
I had a TAH/BSO on July 13th. I started light spotting on Wednesday, And I noticed today when I wiped it was light brown today but, I also noticed two blood clots came out on tp, they were black in color, I have also been having sharp cramping when getting ready to do number 2 I am not sure if it is related to my IBS or having the hystorectomy. I also have had some lower back pain also. I am worried any feedback would be helpful.
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Hey Sun123, what was the outcome on this? I'm in the same boat! Back felt better for a couple months, now it is 9 months and I'm having back pain every day and a LOT of pelvic pain. I just scheduled to see my surgeon on Thursday, but I would love to hear from you - or anyone with similar experience! - before then.
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:37 PM

My vaginal cuff hadn't healed completely as it turned out. I had to have silver nitrate applied twice before it was better. As it has turned out I have a very bad disc in my back, which probably explains some of the pain I have. I still do get a crampy feeling though.
Unread 08-07-2010, 05:02 PM

thank you so much for your informative reply! I'll post again after my appointment Thursday.
Unread 08-11-2010, 04:12 PM

I almost gave up on this site because it doesn't seem like there's very many woman posting so long after surgery.

but i'm in pain too.

Newin, hope you get a quick diagnosis and treatment.

lmhs, hope you get some relief too.

hope I get some too.

Someone posted "what did I do wrong?" that's how I feel.

hugs, t
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:25 PM

so your vaginal cuff was not healed correctly after 9 months? I am replying because I have been having cramping all along and I am 10 months post op. went to the gyno last week and they did a vaginal ultrasound and regular internal exam and can't figure out what is wrong. i also have swelling. I am having a hernia repaired at belly button incision by a general surgeon in sept and the gyno sd he would go in at the same time with a scope and take a look around. so happy to hear that you found out your problem with the vag cuff and your back pain.
newin, let us know how your appt goes.
frosted flakes, sorry you are having problems.
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Ok, just got back from the doc. Disappointing, really. He says my cervix looks fine. he did a vag ultrasound and says my ovaries are active and there is an enlarged follicle on one, but not necessarily problematic.

He says the pain may be from a follicle that ruptured during sex and will cause some sterile peritonitis (inflammation) that will be painful till my body resorbs the follicle/fluid. He also says it may be endometriosis, because he saw a "single nodule" during the hysterectomy.

I asked what the reason was for not removing the endometriosis during the hysterectomy. He says he did cauterize it, but some cells can survive it.

Today my bladder was even more tender than my cervix on exam, and I have a history of Interstitial Cystitis. (He suggested bladder infection, but my dipstick was negative.) So a lot of it might be coming from the blader - but not all.

None of this really gives me a direction to go for resolving the pelvic pain. I kinda wish it had been the cervix thing so there was a definite fix for it.

Thanks for the feedback and support, gals. It makes a difference!
Unread 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM

WOW I hope you find a Dr who has had a hyterectomy who really knows what you are experiencing in pain.

Why don't doctors tell you about all these possibilities before we have the surgery? At age 57 I signed all this paperwork to confirm I knew I'd be sterille (like I couldn't conclude that) but there were so many other things I should have known about. If only I'd found this site before the surgery.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.