HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

4 week post op yellow discharge? 4 week post op yellow discharge?

Unread 02-27-2010, 08:46 AM
4 week post op yellow discharge?

I had TAH on Jan 25. I had no problem until yesterday. I have some yellow discharge. No pain, burning, itching just discharge. Did anyone have the same experience? Should I call my doc?
Thank you.
Unread 02-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Re: 4 week post op yellow discharge?

I had yellow/brown discharge for the first few weeks. I think it's definitely normal. The main thing to look for is heavy bleeding or excessive pain.

Best wishes to you!
Unread 02-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Did you have it all the time? I had nothing until yesterday. I was so happy that my underware stayed clean for weeks.
Unread 02-27-2010, 03:31 PM

I'm also 4 wks post, radical hyster. I noticed pink spotting and some white fiber looking stuff after urination. Great Dr. tells me this is result of internal stitches healing. Not a worry. Starting to feel stronger daily, but tummy still sore.
Love you ladies
Unread 02-27-2010, 04:20 PM

Thank you for your support. I still have better days and not to good days. Mostly because I get tired easily. My belly still sore even to touch. I am getting close to the green light for sex but I can not imagine to do it yet. We'll see.
Unread 03-01-2010, 10:20 AM

I am 4 weeks post op as well. Heavy yellow discharge started about 10 days ago for me. I have bled since day one up until then and it had started getting lighter in color and consistency....now however, this yellow stuff is running out like a faucet most of the time. This may sound strange but I don't know another way to say it...sometimes it is so heavy flowing out that its like I blow bubbles with it and it makes farting sounds!!! Sorry if TMI!!!

My post op visit is this afternoon.....I will let you know what he says!
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Hello Suzanne5:

I'm very interested in know what your doctor says. Since 3 weeks post op I have been having this white milky discharge. I called my doctors office - the nurses keep saying this is normal. It
also runs out of me like a faucet. It looks white, but when I wipe with a tissue, it is yellow. Really no odor. My post -op 6 week check-up is on March 11. I have so many questions?????? I am post op 4 weeks. Alot of up and down moods.

Can you let me know what your doc said. I have stitches showing. Is this discharge all from the stitches. Some times I feel bubbles down there. What is that? I also had bladder and rectocele repair.

Sorry for the question. Is your BM's different? I use to go several times daily - now every 2-3 days. Thanks for your input
Unread 03-01-2010, 07:30 PM

My doctor told me today that my yellowish white discharge is very normal and I will more than likely have it another 2 weeks. He said I am healing nice but still have a lot of stitches left and when they are gone so should the discharge.

When I told the nurse about it first today she asked if it smelled....well to be quite honest I just didn't know. I feel like I have smelled worse than a skunk for the past 4 weeks so I wasn't sure if it had no odor or I had just gotten used to my smell!!! YUCK!!!

My BM's are different....BUT I have been trying to lose a few pounds as well, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I have never been a go everyday person....every other day has been good for me (I have IBS and have had several polyps removed in the past as well). I am now going only every 3-4 days and even when I do it's not enough. I am still taking milk of magnesea at least once a week because I never feel empty!!!

Hope this helps!
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:04 AM

Thanks Suzanne5 - your funny. You don't smell. I guess we have to just be patient. Hope your recovery goes well . Thanks for the BM info too. LOL
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:10 AM

Hmmm seems like another fun :S thing I have go to look forward too.

Hope all you ladies are healing well.

God Bless

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.