HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

How long after ovary removal did you return to work? How long after ovary removal did you return to work?

Unread 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
How long after ovary removal did you return to work?

For those of you that work full-time outside the home, how long were you off from work following your ovary removal? Mine was done on Jan. 18 through a laparascopy, plus a 5" incision in my c-section scar and I was off work for 3 1/2 weeks. I'm so tired every day now that I wonder if I should've talked to my doctor about staying off longer.
Unread 03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Re: How long after ovary removal did you return to work?

Everyone is different, recovery times will vary. I don't think it's unusual to still be tired.

One thing I have found is that with each additional surgery I have had and as I get older, it takes me longer to recover. When I had my first lap surgery back in 1996 I had the surgery on a Thursday and was back at work Monday. There is no way I could do that now or would even consider it!

With the removal of your ovaries you're now in surgical menopause and that can add in some added issues. It can take some time for your body to adjust to life without your ovaries and to the ert.

It wouldn't hurt to talk with your doctor about how you're feeling.

Unread 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Re: How long after ovary removal did you return to work?

I waited 3 months to go back to work after having one ovary removed and endometriosis surgery and it was a real struggle for 4 months after that. I can finally work an 8 hour day without feeling like I won't make it through the day but I still get tired often and have to take power naps when I get home from a hard day.

Hang in there, it will get better! Especially if you give yourself some additional healing support like herbs and vitamins like I did. Oh and I started using the hot water bottle and nurturing myself alot too. Maybe that will help you.

Hugs,

smilefromwithin

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.