HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

anybody else feel like they are having contractions? anybody else feel like they are having contractions?

Unread 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM
anybody else feel like they are having contractions?

I am having surgery on the29th mainly to remove my right ovary. I have a dermoid cyst on it. Because I have very painful periods I'm having my uterus removed too. I've never been told why my periods are so painful but each month they get worse and worse.

The biggest problem is the pain that feel like labor contractions. They come and go like labor pain and my uterus feels like it's contracting. This only happens during my period.

Anyone else experience this and what is your diagnosis.

On a related note: I am lying on the couch with the heating pad right now because I'm having my LAST PERIOD EVER. Woohoo!!!!!!
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Re: anybody else feel like they are having contractions?

that is how i describe my pain too... mine is mainly the left ovary... i had a diagnostic lap in february that showed i had an endometrioma in my left fallopian tube and adhesions that had pushed my tube and bowel out of place... when that was fixed, i had no pain for 2 weeks, then it came back... my hyst is on march 30 for the pain... my right ovary was supposed to remain, but the same pain just started in my right ovary yesterday... when the pain is bad enough, i have to breathe through it just like labor...
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM

My surgery is scheduled for the 29 th also. I have had the same problems. I had exploratory lap last year and diagnosed with suspected adenomyosis. Now pains are like contractions. My Dr said this is the classic symptom of adenomyosis. Which can be cause by other surgeries and c sections. I to had adhesions through out my bowels last year. Well I felt good for a couple months then the pain was back and worse then ever. I am a nurse and not a Dr. But you might want to research it online. Only a Dr can say for sure.
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:13 PM

Yes your doctor maybe able to tell you but only after you have had the surgery. I had adenomyosis. Before my surgery, I would cramp like I was in labor every month. My last six months prior to my surgery I use to think to someone was trying to pull it out. There is not true definition for adenomysis there is a thread that everyone has provided their symptoms on.
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:18 PM

I describe my pain as contractions too, all the time, not just during period. Good luck to you with your surgery.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.