Anyone that has had mesh Removal? | Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone that has had mesh Removal? Anyone that has had mesh Removal?

Unread 03-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Anyone that has had mesh Removal?

Hi, I am looking for someone that has had mesh complications from a TVT and had it removed. I need to know what the complications are of having removed if you got better and where they may be a good doctor to remove it. Looking in Pa area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Re: Anyone that has had mesh Removal?

surgical37--

I had the nasty mesh removed over 3 years ago and Good Riddance! I first had it put in in 2005. It was partially removed in 3 official surgeries and several 'in-office' snippings that were horrific and painful (and without benefit of anesthesia). I despise artificial mesh and wish it did not even exist. Am I prejudiced? YOU BETCHA! It is an untested product that was grandfathered in under the 510k process and oh yeah, I resent being the guinea pig. OK, stepping off my soapbox now.......

I had to restrict my activities after each removal surgery with the greatest restrictions for the last surgery when the greatest amount was removed and I had other surgeries added to it. Usually, such things as 'don't lift more than 5 lbs.for the first week or two' was one of the things I was told. Others, don't drive for a week to 10 days, don't do aerobics for about that long (depending on the extent of the surgery it may have been for 3 weeks or so). You will need to ask your doctor about you specifically. I could add the things back as I healed.

I recovered completely and now can do things like run (although my GYN prefers me to walk since I am prone to prolapse), lift 25 lbs., and do pretty much whatever. I do have internal scars but they do not usually hurt or bother me. (Direct pressure if applied forcefully for a long period of time might twinge a teensy bit but that is rare.)

I feel healed and normal--thank goodness!

I suggest you look through threads on 'mesh removal' and 'pennsylvania' together using the Google Search first (blue rectangle at the top right of the page).

Best of Good Luck to you............
Unread 04-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Re: Anyone that has had mesh Removal?

I had my anterior prolift mesh removed at Vanderbilt, Nashville. I had it removed last Wed. 31st of Mar. He got 95% of it. I am recovering well, am sore and have some buttocks and groin pain as well as vaginal. I had immediate relief from a stabbing pain in my rt side and sacral pain! I had the mesh implanted Oct 10, 2010. Had an erosion surgery with bladder injury Dec. 15th of '09. I am so glad I had it removed. I am hoping I don't have nerve damage from the arms, etc. The mesh was wadded up and had attached itself to the peritoneal lining, which is what keeps your bowels from entering the pelvis. If it had continued it would have penetrated my bowels, which is life threatening. The prolift mesh is huge! It needs to be pulled from the market for sure. I was not told anything about the serious complications or 3 FDA warnings prior to surgery. God bless you. I hope you can find someone to help you. Maybe the Philadelphia area has someone, a urogyn to help. Happy Easter. Hang in there and be proactive and get that stuff out!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register