HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

has anyone ever had an internal/transvaginal sonogram hurt?? has anyone ever had an internal/transvaginal sonogram hurt??

Unread 03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
has anyone ever had an internal/transvaginal sonogram hurt??

trying to figure out how worried i should be. LOL

i'm hoping i just had a crappy sono technician!

i had an internal ultrasound this morning, and lemme tell you, that sucker was not fun. i mean, they don't feel good, but other than mildly uncomfortable when they have to angle it, i've never had one be painful. i could feel sharp stabby pains all the way out to my hips!
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Re: has anyone ever had an internal/transvaginal (aka "mr happy") sonogram hurt??

Maybe you were nervous that you had to have one again? Was this your first one after your hysterectomy? Maybe that had something to do with it. I imagine it would hurt, especially if you have not had one in awhile. I have had them lots of times. Hopefully everything turns out okay.
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Re: has anyone ever had an internal/transvaginal (aka "mr happy") sonogram hurt??

wasn't nervous til it started hurting. LOL i've had lots, too, but none have ever hurt before. so now i'm curious.
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:25 AM

Let's hope it was a rough tech or pressure on a full bladder. But no, mine haven't hurt.
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM

My last one just before surgery was a walk in the park.. LOL Maybe it had to do with the fact she was a girl and was very gentle... Was yours a guy by any chance? Have you had intercourse since surgery? If so was it a bit painful?
Ohhh a full bladder right now sounds painful all by itself.... greyown has a point!
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM

i have had sex several times and they were great.

the tech was a girl, and i've always had female sono techs now that i think about it.

bladder was newly emptied for the internal part of the festivities. LOL
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM

Hi , I had one of the vaginal ultrasounds about a month before my surgery. Mine did hurt and I had never had one before to compare it too. I am sensitive to pain so I thought maybe that was why mine hurt.
Although the tech told me when they did the biopsy from my uterus it would hurt and I told her the first part hurt and she looked at me funny. By the time I made it home from the appt it didn't hurt much anymore.

I 'm hoping all will turn out good for you. Going to think positive!

Gentle hugs, let us know what you find out.
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM

Mine did hurt just before the surgery, because I had a huge painful mass in there. If you are still healing inside, I would imagine it could still hurt. Could that be it, do you think?
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:31 PM

Yes,they hurt me and I have had about 6.
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:41 PM

I had one once with a student tech (I'm a teacher and am willing to work with students on almost anything) and that one hurt. Other than that, they have been OK. Maybe your tech was a newbie.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.