HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Vaginal Odor about 1 yr after hysterectomy Vaginal Odor about 1 yr after hysterectomy

Unread 04-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Question - Vaginal Odor about 1 yr after hysterectomy Vaginal Odor about 1 yr after hysterectomy

My surgery was 2 yrs ago today 4/4/08. (Will never forget that date!) I have developed an odor which my Gyn can't find a reason for. Her Medical Assist. suggested an OTC -RePhrase to help w/ PH balance. The OTC helps, but my Gyn says that since I'm on Estrogen Patch, I shouldn't be having a PH problem. The OTC is rather expensive so my Gyn suggested 1mg of a vaginal Estrogen cream-Estrace 2times/wk. I'm on the Patch b/c I was having strong emotional reaction post-hysterectomy. Any knowledge about this odor? :new
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Since your hysterectomy was a while ago, you might find helpful information in the links below for your post-op hysterectomy needs.

Find help with menopausal symptoms with or without hormone therapy in the Hormone Jungle.

If you have concerns about your bladder, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues may be of help to you.

The HysterSIsters has a place to discuss and gather support for Sexual Dysfunction post-op hysterectomy.

For other long term complication support needs of a hysterectomy, check out the Road Less Traveled forum.

Hysteritaville Fitness forums have support and clubs to help you get back in shape, encourage you to exercise and eat right!

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ. We hope you will find HysterSisters to be helpful to your post-op hysterectomy needs!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Re: Vaginal Odor about 1 yr after hysterectomy

Charri

I’m sorry you’re having problems that bring you back but am very glad you’re here and hope you’ll benefit from the wealth of information and support.

Princess Ruby has linked several areas above to get you started ~ please take your time exploring the site and settle in wherever you feel most comfortable.

Wishing you all the best!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.