HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

7 months post and feel like Im dying-any help out there?? 7 months post and feel like Im dying-any help out there??

Unread 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
7 months post and feel like Im dying-any help out there??

Ok here it goes- I am 7 months post about (total hyst via davinci- September 4, 2009).

My doctor did not put me on any hrt except .05 of premarin vaginal cream 2-3 times per week. I was feeling pretty good up until about a month ago. Here is a list of just some of my current symptoms:

I have gained almost 20 lbs, I cant lose any weight and I have been working with a personal trainer who is stumped!!

Racing/punding heart and palpatations- my resting heart rate was 148 bpm... they did a echo stress stest and it came back normal

Shortness of breath

Swelling/puffy face and hands and fingers

My stomach is huge

No energy/lethargic out of breath just walking from the bed to couch-

Cant stand cold unless Im having a hot flash

Cant concentrate, everything is fuzzy Im just out of it.

Muscle aches

Body feels numb

Crave carbs- bread and pasta

I had blood work done and my TSH levels were at 4.17 which of course my doctor follows the old standards so to her this is normal. She did give me the lowest dose of Premarin pill to start once a day- does not seem like its helping.

I literally feel like Im dying. Its affecting my family, and now my job, my social life is gone and Im busting out of my clothes left and right.

Anyone have any suggestions- I dont know where else to turn....................
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Re: 7 months post and feel like Im dying-any help out there??

I felt like you 7 months ago. It was over a year since my surgery, I didn't do the HRT because I was dumb, I figured I could handle hot flashes and night sweats, little did I know what was waiting for me. All of yours plus the anxiety, and panic attacks which I am sure you are also having to. It took 2 months of fighting with the my HRT, I am not 100% but I figure it took a year to get here it will take that long to get back. I would I know it is hard but do your research on the other HRT out there and tell your Dr what you want to try. I went from estrogen cream to the estradiol tablet to estradiol vaginally. And progestrone creme compound pills to OTC Cream. My doctor kinda let me tell her what I wanted. Of course I was a mess, maybe I scared her ;}. Hang in there I know it is hard. Lots of Hugs
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM

Ask your dr about adding thyroid hormone. Or before that, ask about testing full thyroid panel - T3, free and total; T4, free and total; TSH; thyroid antibodies. The new TSH range is 0.3 to 3.0 and your dr is using the old range and needs to get with the program! It's virtually impossible to get your estrogen figured out if your thyroid is not balanced. Yours sounds like it needs balancing! Good luck. If your dr doesn't like it, change drs. Life's too short to suffer like this.
Unread 04-14-2010, 06:49 AM

Thanks- Everyone I have talked to says its my hormones and thyriod out of whack. I have a friend who is a nurse and I talked to him last night and right away he told me to go see a endocronoligist (sp?) and gave me a name of one he knows- I called them already this morning and talked to the doctors nurse and gave her a short version of whats going on and she was so understanding and said not all the time does the doc treat based on what level your TSH is at- but he will treat based on symptoms alone..... I have an appointment scheduled thank god!!!!!! My issues to were casing friction at home and now at my job! Hopefully he can help me get my life back!
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:27 PM

I agree with the others. It sounds like your thyroid is low. I have thyroid symptoms with a TSH above 2. I do best when my TSH is around 1.5. The symptoms you are having are the exact same ones I have when I'm not getting enough thyroid hormone.
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:32 PM

I'm sure they have checked your blood count and iron levels but those symptoms sound very familiar to some i am experiencing with my severe anemia.
Unread 04-20-2010, 04:24 PM
7 months post and feel like Im dying-any help out there??

It could be that you are not on a high enough dose of HRT. I was in a terrible state after my hysterectomy in 2006 for about a year . All sorts of problems including palpitations but once the correct dose of HRT for me was worked out it all came right though I never thought it would. I am on patches
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:08 PM

I am glad you got an appointment. Good luck and hopefully they can help you. I was a mess until they started the HRT. I hope they can do something to help you feel better. I know how badly I felt after until I got the HRT. It sounds like your body is really struggling to adjust to everything. Mine is also doing this so even though it has been seven months for me, I know my recovery is still a work in progress. Hope you feel better.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway